Plus: The unveiling of Night Trap's 25th Anniversary Edition, someone speedruns Dark Souls 3 in an hour and a half, and Planet Coaster shows off its "make everybody vomit" cheat code. This is gaming news for April 24 to 28.
Alongside the latest 1.18 patch, Blizzard's made the original StarCraft and its Brood War expansion free.
Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition comes in one easy-to-install package, and looks great doing it.
We delve into PC games you may have missed in this busy spring season: Four Last Things, Snake Pass, Stories Untold, and Cosmic Express.
There have been a fair few reviews of this game which treat it as a regular video game and as such find it a long, tedious grind. We’re 50 hours in. We’ve probably not got nearly as far as other people in that time, but there’s a very good reason for that.
Windows 10's Game Mode won't improve performance on every PC, but when it does, it can make a massive difference.
Itch.io has made a name for itself among indie game developers. Now it just needs to resonate with consumers.
AMD's optimization promise for Ryzen appears to be true. Oxide squeezed out about a third more performance from AMD's Ryzen CPUs
What can change the nature of an Infinity Engine game? Beamdog revisits Planescape: Torment and updates it with native widescreen, bug fixes, and more.
Blizzard claims the prettied-up StarCraft Remastered will play precisely the same as it did under Brood War’s 1.16 patch.
Obduction now allows you to pull levers, press buttons, and pick up objects with your very own hands with the HTC Vive and Oculus Touch.
Star Citizen only plans support the Vulkan graphics API on all platforms, rather than adding DirectX 12 to Windows 10 alone.
As long as you have a robust internet connection you'll be able to stream PS4 exclusives to your PC—though the price is steep.
Hands on with the front-runner for Game of the Year
Get into your productive zone with the right business tool
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- This week in games: Forza Horizon 3 gets Hot Wheels, Terry Crews gets a wild Old Spice PC
- The original StarCraft and its beloved Brood War expansion are now free
- Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition is the definitive way to play this cult-classic RPG
- Here's proof that Ryzen can benefit from optimized game code
- Legendary RPG Planescape: Torment is getting an Enhanced Edition, 17 years later
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- HTC U Play phone: full, in-depth review
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTContracts ManagerNSW
- CCAMI ArchitectWA
- CCSolution Designer with PEGA experience- TelcoVIC
- FTSecurity ConsultantNSW
- FTICT Sales Account ManagerQLD
- FTRegional Market Manager - Wide Bay RegionQLD
- FTSenior Sales Operations AnalystNSW
- TPProject Manager. Enterprise wide IT ProjectsNSW
- FTTechnical SpecialistACT
- FTDesktop Support/ Field Services EngineerQLD
- FTProject Manager - Data MigrationNSW
- CCSoftware Licencing SpecialistNSW
- FTFront End .Net Developer. Permanent jobACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - NV1ACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - PegaNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- TPBusiness Intelligence DeveloperSA
- FTSolution Architect - Datacentre / StorageQLD
- CCService Delivery Analyst -Port MacquarieNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Wealth InvestmentNSW
- FTPHP DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork Design SpecialistNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectACT