A hotly anticipated upgrade to Google Home will let users train the company’s virtual assistant to recognize different voices and provide personalized responses to each person.
Google and PayPal have announced they are teaming up to allow users to access their accounts at store checkouts via Android Pay.
Google unveils a new Earth for Chrome and Android phones that gives you more places to visit and greater control over what you see.
Google is helping news readers by rolling out its fact check label worldwide.
Google released a paper Wednesday detailing the benefits of using its dedicated Tensor Processing Units for machine learning inference, and the results are staggering.
The newest update to the Google Photos app includes a small feature that will make identifying the people in your photos a whole lot easier.
Google is working to accelerate the performance of its applications over the internet by building out a software-defined network at broad scale. On Tuesday, the company announced Espresso, a system that provides increased network performance to users of the company’s applications.
Google offered to pay US$200,000 to any researcher who could remotely hack into an Android device by knowing only the victim's phone number and email address, but no one stepped up to the challenge for six months.
In a post on its Android developers blog, Google urges developers to tune their apps for the new 18:9 ratio screens on the LG G6 and the Galaxy S8.
Microsoft added Cortana to the Android lock screen in an update earlier this month, but now you can ask questions and have it do things without needing to unlock your phones.
Google announced that it will be shutting Talk down on June 26 and removing SMS support from Hangouts on May 22 in a continuing attempt to consolidate its many messaging apps.
While Google Hangouts is making a shift to serve enterprise users, it won’t be vanishing for consumers.
Customers who have Reserved Instance contracts with Amazon Web Services will be able to subdivide some of their Linux and Unix virtual machine instances while maintaining their capacity discounts, thanks to pricing changes announced Monday.
After months of exclusivity on the Pixel and Pixel XL, Google will allow all Nougat and Marshmallow phones in the U.S., Canada, the UK, Australia, and Germany to talk to Assistant.
Google is building out its enterprise productivity features with the forthcoming launch of a service called Cloud Search that’s designed to help employees find the information they need.
With no financial or accounting background it can be tricky for small business owners to get on top of their financials. Reckon One can help you overcome this challenge.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- OK Google, let's get personal
- Google partners with PayPal to bring new checkout options for Android Pay
- Google expands Earth with new VR tours, but Daydream support nowhere to be seen
- Google combats fake news with 'Fact Check' results in search and news
- Google says its AI chips smoke CPUs, GPUs in performance tests
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSecurity Architect - Perth BasedQLD
- CCPMO ManagerNSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystSA
- CCChange / Communications AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - Digital / MediaNSW
- FTUser Support AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsVIC
- FTSenior Network EngineerACT
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTHelpdesk AnalystNSW
- FTProject EngineerNSW
- TP.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)ACT
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - NV1ACT
- TPProject/Deployment ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Java EngineerWA
- FTFull Stack .NET DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPProgram Manager - 12 month contractQLD
- FTSenior Systems Engineer x 2NSW
- FTVDI EngineerACT
- FTApplication Support Lead - Health ApplicationsNSW