The suspected CIA spying tools that WikiLeaks has dumped have been linked to hacking attempts on at least 40 targets in 16 countries, according to security firm Symantec.
Annoyed with the U.S. missile strike last week on an airfield in Syria, among other things, hacker group Shadow Brokers resurfaced on Saturday and released what they said was the password to files containing suspected National Security Agency tools they had earlier tried to sell.
When the source code to suspected Russian-made malware leaked online in 2013, guess who used it? A new release from WikiLeaks claims the CIA borrowed some of the code to bolster its own hacking operations.
Twitter has withdrawn a lawsuit it filed on Thursday against the U.S. government after the U.S. Customs and Border Protection withdrew a demand that it reveal details about a Twitter account that is critical of the agency.
Twitter is suing the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and alleging the government is misusing an investigative tool as part of an internal witch-hunt to uncover who is behind a Twitter account that is critical of the immigration service.
Two GoFundMe campaigns have raised more than US$290,000 in an effort to buy the web browsing histories of U.S. politicians after Congress voted to allow broadband providers to sell customers' personal information without their permission.
The win in Ecuador’s presidential elections of leftist government candidate Lenin Moreno will likely have provided relief to WikiLeaks' founder Julian Assange, who had been threatened with eviction from the country’s embassy in London by the opposition candidate.
The U.S. Senate has voted to kill broadband provider privacy regulations prohibiting them from selling customers' web-browsing histories and other data without permission.
Future U.S. elections may very well face Russian attempts to interfere with the outcome, the FBI and the National Security Agency warned on Monday.
While President Trump’s budget proposal is just that – a spending plan for Congress to consider – industry experts say it could translate into big cuts for renewable energy.
When governments turn to private hackers to carry out state-sponsored attacks, as the FBI alleges Russia did in the 2014 breach of Yahoo, they're taking a big risk.
A contentious piece of U.S. law giving the National Security Agency broad authority to spy on people overseas expires at the end of the year.
An event hosted by the government at Cisco Live led to multiple discussions around a room of female tech leaders. Here are the main conclusions...
Intel Security has released a tool that allows users to check if their computer's low-level system firmware has been modified and contains unauthorized code.
High quality with fast printing option is the smart way to print for small businesses
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Suspected CIA spying tools linked to hacks in 16 countries
- Angry Shadow Brokers release password for suspected NSA hacking tools
- WikiLeaks: CIA used bits of Carberp Trojan code for malware deployment
- Twitter pulls lawsuit after US government backs down
- Twitter sues the US government for demanding it unmask an 'alt' account
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCNetwork Solution Architect - PresalesNSW
- FTProject Coordinator ($280-$300 per day)NSW
- FTMarket Data Analyst, Investment BankingNSW
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Full-Stack Developer (Digital Transformation Project)QLD
- FTLevel 3 Application Support AnalystVIC
- CCSCCM EngineerNSW
- CCPerl Developer l Port Macquarie or QueanbeyanNSW
- FTHelpdesk AnalystNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- FTDigital ProducerNSW
- FTContracts ManagerNSW
- CCOracle CCB DesignerVIC
- FTDevelopment Team LeadQLD
- FTFront End Web DeveloperACT
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- FTProject ManagerQLD
- CCProject Manager - Security - TelcoVIC
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTContracts & Procurement Support OfficerACT