If you're looking to buy a dedicated GPS navigation device, you'll quickly discover that every manufacturer offers an almost dizzying array of products -- each with slightly different features. The challenge, then, is to determine which features are ...
GPS & Car Tech - Features
It's that time of year again, with retailers slashing prices in preparation for Christmas. We've done some research for you and compiled the best GPS navigation units that have been heavily discounted this holiday season.
Car tech: A look at what people in tech world have installed in their cars, from the completely mind-boggling to the outrageously cool.
Although popular turn-by-turn GPS apps for the iPhone, like Navigon's MobileNavigator and TomTom's Australia are yet to make an appearance on the iPad, there are plenty of other GPS apps available in the App Store.
Does your dad pride himself on being a great driver? He probably thinks that he knows his way around town without a street directory. No matter whether he's a top driver (or thinks he is), he probably isn't as capable a navigator as a GPS unit!
One of the odd aspects of the Facebook event launching the new Facebook Places service was the participation, support, and partnership of competing location-based check-in services.
GPS was once merely a means to help navigate people through difficult terrain, erratic bushland and dodgy suburbs. However, the rise of smartphones has led to all sorts of novel applications for GPS technology. We take a look at the 10 best GPS-based...
Augmented reality, long a staple of science fiction, is here, there and everywhere. A search on Google News brings up nearly 700 recent stories about the technology and the companies that claim to offer it.
Google Earth offers a tonne of great features to play with. We run through the 10 coolest.
In the olden days, the ancients recognized Seven Wonders of the World; but thanks to Google Earth, you can now spot thousands of "I wonder what it is" head scratchers.
Suddenly, there are two kinds of people. The first kind loves location-based social networking services like Foursquare. They speak in an alien language about "Mayors" and "Badges" and broadcast their locations to the world.
You've done your Christmas shopping and bought too much chocolate for Easter. Now it's World Cup time! It's hard to believe we're already in June, but why not help your getaway planning this long weekend with a new GPS unit!
We're now nearing the end of financial year, which means the sales are starting and tax return time is just around the corner. So why not pick up a budget GPS unit before 30 June?
Screw Android 2.2. Forget the new iPhone. Nokia and Yahoo have some news.
Everybody loves gadgets, but there is something about gadgets and cars that just screams cool.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- Watch out: iOS 10 install is reportedly bricking some iPhones
- Google's Pixel Launcher leak hints at the demise of the Nexus brand
- It's official: iOS 10 launches with huge improvements to iMessage, Apple Music, Siri, and more
- Samsung is prepping a software update to cap Note7 charging to 60 percent
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSecurity and Technical Risk ManagerQLD
- CCVirtualisation / Infrastructure ArchitectACT
- FTIT Helpdesk AnalystVIC
- CCPersonal AssistantNSW
- FTSenior / Lead iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Manager - Multiple rolesQLD
- FTHealth Electronic Claiming Systems BA - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTSenior / Lead AEM DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystVIC
- TPSenior Project Manager - Life InsuranceNSW
- FTOperational Safety Project ManagersSA
- CCSenior Change ManagerQLD
- CCTest Analyst - Infrastructure - NV1 ClearanceACT
- FTBusiness Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - WintelQLD
- TPSolution Architect - Integration - Bespoke ProjectQLD
- FTProduct LeadVIC
- CCPeoplesoft ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst (Mid-level)VIC
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- CCIT Information ArchitectNSW
- FTContracts ManagerNSW
- TPLevel 2/3 Desktop Support AnalystVIC
- CCPMO Analyst - Telco - MelbourneVIC