While it won’t affect everyone, a serious bug reared its head at the weekend with me. When you drive into a tunnel and then hit a traffic jam, Apple Maps keeps going at the same speed. While this is something I’ve actually wanted for tunnel navigation for some time, you’d think that navigation would stop and wait for you once you return to the surface and into the sunlight again. But not this time.
GPS & Car Tech
Everybody loves gadgets, but there is something about gadgets and cars that just screams cool.
Loaded with features for the serious runner, the Garmin Forerunner 405CX is a premium GPS watch aimed at the enthusiast end of the market.
QStarz's BT-Q1300 Travel Recorder is a Bluetooth GPS device that can be used to track and log your movements. Designed as a keyring, the BT-Q1300 can interact with Google Earth and Google Maps.
GPS technology has been available in cameras for a while now, allowing users to determine where and when photos were taken. The ATP Photo Finder mini isn’t the first to bring automatic geo-tagging to the masses, but its simplicity and a nice design make it a worthwhile device for people unwilling to fork out money for a GPS-equipped camera.
Small and light enough to use as a key ring, but powerful enough to track up to 20 GPS satellites, Freedom's mini GPS is a compact, convenient and simple GPS receiver that is compatible with most Bluetooth devices and navigation software packages.
The GPS navigation market continues to grow and Sony Ericsson has seen fit to delve into this popular category with the release of the HGE-100 - a simple add on that turns most Sony Ericsson phones into a personal navigation system.
QStarz's BT-Q1000 Travel Recorder is a Bluetooth GPS device that can be used as a navigation device, or to track your movements and record your places of interest. Best of all, it can upload data to Google Earth to give you a clear visual of where you've been and how long it took you to get there. It's a tiny device that fits comfortably into a pocket and its software offers some good customisation options.
Boasting 32 channels and 32 hours of continuous use from a single charge, QStarz BT-Q818 is a simple but extremely effective GPS receiver. Although it lacks a suction cup to mount to a window, it performs reliably well and is quick to gain a GPS fix.
With GPS becoming more and more popular, the push for navigation continues to gather pace. If your mobile phone or PDA doesn't have a built in GPS receiver, then Nokia's LD-4W -- a simple, but practical Bluetooth GPS receiver -- can turn it into a full navigational device.
Get complimentary strategy guide here
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCChange AnalystQLD
- CCCommercial & Public Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTTRIM TrainersACT
- CCJunior Network Designer - Telco - GISVIC
- CCSenior Infrastructure LeadQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystWA
- FTERP Reporting AnalystOther
- FTNetwork Engineer - IP routing & switchingOther
- FTC#.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTTeam Leader/Assistant Director Information Technology Infrastructure Services (ITIS)ACT
- FTSAP ETL DeveloperOther
- CCNetezza DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- CCReporting Data Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCAutomation Tester - BrisbaneVIC
- CCAPI Platform EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Analyst - Security / DevOpsOther
- FTSenior System AdministratorVIC
- FTProject Coordinator - DigitalOther
- CCSenior DeveloperNSW
- FTSmallworld Developer - GIS , Spatial data,Other
- FTFull Stack .Net DeveloperWA
- CCMigration Project ManagerNSW
- FTTest ManagerACT
- FTJunior .Net DeveloperOther