Commuters in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane may not yet have access to Google Maps' public transport information, but they can now receive free, live traffic updates on their mobile phones. As of this morning, Google Maps will display traffic informa...
GPS & Car Tech - News
GPS manufacturer Navigon has used social-networking site Facebook to announce it will launch a dedicated iPhone car cradle.
Twitter's plans to let its users attach geographic coordinates to their messages have external developers very interested at the possibilities this new geolocation functionality will open up for their applications.
Interested in tracking the Twitterers in your city or even your neighborhood? Or maybe you want to track the tweets sent from an area where there's a major event or disaster?
Twitter is jumping on the geolocation bandwagon, with plans to let users geocode their posts and make the information accessible both on the main Twitter site and through external applications.
Garmin-Asus, the mobile phone joint venture between GPS device maker Garmin and electronics vendor Asustek Computer, launched its first smartphone with the Windows Mobile operating system on Wednesday in Taiwan.
GPS manufacturer TomTom has released its iPhone GPS app for Australia.
We still don't know exactly when the TomTom for iPhone GPS application will be available. But, we may know how much it will cost: a UK online electronics store has apparently leaked the price of the upcoming app via a pre-order listing.
Running out of power while on the road is something every gadget user has to deal with at sometime or another, but a new portable solar charging system from Sanyo Electric could help in such situations.
Navigon has released the full Australian version of its MobileNavigator app for the iPhone, providing full turn-by-turn GPS navigation.
If the 40th anniversary of the moon landing by NASA's Apollo 11 crew has you jonesing for more information about our lunar neighbor, Google Inc. today came out with a new Google Earth feature that promises to provide just that.
Though not as dramatic as the moon landing that took place 40 years ago Monday, a phone call over a satellite launched earlier this month was the first for a system that may dramatically expand mobile voice and data coverage in the U.S. and Canada.
German GPS manufacturer Navigon has released an Australian version of its MobileNavigator Lite app for the iPhone, allowing users to try the software before deciding to purchase the full version.
Stonehenge has been revealed as the first UK tourist attraction that will be photographed for Google's Street View.
GoFinder has released what it claims is Australia’s first sub-$400 GPS security tracking device. The GoFinder SmartSystem operates on AA lithium batteries.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- Watch out: iOS 10 install is reportedly bricking some iPhones
- Google's Pixel Launcher leak hints at the demise of the Nexus brand
- It's official: iOS 10 launches with huge improvements to iMessage, Apple Music, Siri, and more
- Samsung is prepping a software update to cap Note7 charging to 60 percent
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTFusion Middleware DeveloperACT
- CCGen System AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Automation Test AnalystNSW
- FTCX Lead/Customer experience/Customer marketingOther
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Strategic Business Analyst - Modernisation ProgramNSW
- FTData Analytics & Visualisation Analyst - SQL, TABLEAU, VBAOther
- TPSenior .NET AWS DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperOther
- FTChange ManagerOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst - BI, Analytics and Data modellingOther
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- CCBMC Remedy Business AnalystVIC
- FTRelocate to Perth for Software Engineering RolesSA
- FTData Analyst/DeveloperNSW
- FTSecurity Solutions ManagerWA
- FTSAP CRM Functional ConsultantsACT
- FTAudio Visual TechnicianOther
- FTPython Fullstack Developer (Full Stack Environment)Other
- FTHR Business Analyst-Performance Management/Learning ManagementOther
- FTApplication Security ArchitectOther
- FTICT Programme Director – Adelaide Delivery CentreSA
- CCSecurity Incident Analyst - Splunk - TelcoVIC
- TPETL DeveloperNSW