Even the techiest cars today have clunky voice features compared to what you'll experience on an iPhone or Android phone. When Ford updated its SYNC infotainment system (to version 3.6.2) in August, it claimed to have improved the speech recognition....
GPS & Car Tech - News
A group of students from the University of Sydney, led by computer science undergraduate, Jenna Bermeister, has won this year’s Telstra Machine to Machine (M2M) Unversity Challenge for their InGear product.
Ford's new MyKey system, which enables drivers to limit the top speed of selected vehicles using a programmable key, is a "first step in the right direction" when it comes to driver safety limitations, the company says.
Ford has announced a new fully automated parking and accident avoidance system that removes control of the car from the driver.
A solar-powered car carrying four people hit speeds of 120 kilometers per hour (75 miles per hour) as it raced across the Australian desert in this year's World Solar Challenge.
Toyota added a new concept electric vehicle to its Hamo car sharing project, which lets users rent electric cars by the minute.
Nokia hopes its Here maps will be become more accurate thanks to crowdsourced information, and is testing the concept in India.
By 2020, Nissan will offer self-driving cars in several models created in collaboration with tech teams from the top universities, including MIT, Stanford, Oxford, Carnegie Mellon and the University of Tokyo.
TomTom is cashing in on the wearable fitness craze with two new sports watches, tapping into the company's long history of GPS devices.
TomTom has introduced a completely revamped user interface to its top of the range portable GPS units in Australia, claiming the software is significantly easier to use than any device currently on the market.
Call it the revenge of the nerds. At a splashy debut on Monday, BMW rolled out the BMW i3, an electric car with enough Internet-connected amenities that the company bills it as the "world's first fully networked electrically powered car."
Navman will offer monthly map updates on its new top of the range portable GPS unit in Australia, claiming the feature is a "world first" in the portable navigation device (PND) category.
The newer, prettier version of Google Maps for the desktop is now available for anyone to try out without an invite, Google recently announced via Twitter.
Google's updated version of Maps finally started rolling out to Android smartphones and tablets this week. The interface has been overhauled to more closely match Google's new design norm.
The Luminos can cruise indefinately in sunlight and will compete in October's World Solar Challenge in Australia.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- Watch out: iOS 10 install is reportedly bricking some iPhones
- Google's Pixel Launcher leak hints at the demise of the Nexus brand
- It's official: iOS 10 launches with huge improvements to iMessage, Apple Music, Siri, and more
- Samsung is prepping a software update to cap Note7 charging to 60 percent
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Java EngineerWA
- FTSenior Functional Analyst - FinanceQLD
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Business Analyst | Online BookingQLD
- FTApplication Support Analyst - Accounting SoftwareNSW
- CCSenior Policy OfficerNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- FTHealth Electronic Claiming Systems BA - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- TP.Net DeveloperVIC
- TPSAS DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- CCCitrix SpecialistNSW
- FTSoftware Engineer - Build/Image MaintenanceACT
- FTBusiness Development ManagerACT
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTTest AnalystACT
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- FTData Analyst (Query Scripting and Reporting)NSW
- FTDeveloper / Junior Solution DesignerQLD
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Student Management SystemQLD
- CCSQL Database AdministratorQLD
- TPProject ManagerVIC