Optus has released a new national traffic service called Optus Trafficview, which will give users a real-time view of traffic conditions.
GPS & Car Tech - News
Mobileye Products has added a pedestrian alert feature to its collision prevention device, warning drivers up to 2.7 seconds prior to a possible accident.
Garmin has recalled approximately 1.25 million of its GPS devices due to a battery fault that causes overheating, which the company says may lead to potential "fire hazards".
A California federal court's decision not to call an en barc hearing on whether government agents can attach GPS tracking devices to vehicles parked in private driveways is likely to be appealed in the U.S. Supreme Court.
Navman Wireless claims it is the first Automatic Vehicle Location (AVL) provider in the world to launch an iPhone app specifically designed for GPS vehicle tracking.
GPS manufacturer Garmin is recalling some 1.25 million Nuvi personal navigation devices after detecting potential overheating problems in some of the units, the company announced Wednesday.
Pressed to respond to the rising popularity of online services that let people broadcast their location, Facebook mostly hit the right notes with the initial design of Places, although it's too early to declare the service will be a sure success, acc...
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg today announced the company's latest creation, a foray into the world of location-based services called Facebook Places.
Embarrassing moments, unexplained car crashes, and crazy stunts. You never know what the Google Street View team is going to capture on camera next. If only an 'Undoo Button' was in play for those captured here
The back-to-school season is upon us, and what better way to go back to school in style than with a laser-equipped backpack capable of building 3D maps of building interiors?
South Korean police on Tuesday raided Google offices in an investigation of the company's Street View mapping project, the latest instance of a country scrutinizing the company's collection of Wi-Fi data
Researchers from Rutgers University and University of South Carolina have found that wireless communications between new cars and their tires can be intercepted or even forged.
Personal navigation systems are about to get a lot more personal. Japanese engineers have created a prototype device that places GPS navigation technology into a pair of wearable, seemingly everyday, glasses.
Foursquare, the location-based social-networking service, registered its 100 millionth "check-in" on Monday evening, the company said Tuesday.
Apple has bought Poly9, a Quebec-based online mapping company, and has relocated most of the firm's employees to Apple's Silicon Valley offices, according to a report by French-Canadian news site Cyberpresse. PCWorld was unable to reach either Apple ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- Watch out: iOS 10 install is reportedly bricking some iPhones
- Google's Pixel Launcher leak hints at the demise of the Nexus brand
- It's official: iOS 10 launches with huge improvements to iMessage, Apple Music, Siri, and more
- Samsung is prepping a software update to cap Note7 charging to 60 percent
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSecurity Solutions Manager - Perth BasedNSW
- FTRisk and Quality ManagerNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst (BI Focus)WA
- TPProject Reporting DeveloperSA
- FTProject Manager - Knowledge Management implementationVIC
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - RANVIC
- FTSales Lead - Healthcare systemsVIC
- FTSecurity Support Manager - Perth BasedNSW
- FTPHP Full Stack DeveloperQLD
- TPService Desk OperatorQLD
- FTTesting and Quality Assurance AnalystNSW
- FTSecurity and Technical Risk ManagerQLD
- FTSystems Engineer | MSP backgroundVIC
- FTSales Lead / Sales Executive - Enterprise IT Healthcare Perm - North RydeNSW
- FTPHP / WordPress DeveloperQLD
- FTPre-Sales Solution Architect - Global Cloud OrganisationVIC
- FTTIBCO Support Analyst - PERM DESKVIC
- FTICT Sales Account ManagerQLD
- CCSecurity ConsultantVIC
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- CCFull Stack Developers x4!QLD
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- FTSolution Architect (Voice/DATA/Network)SA
- FTERP Reporting AnalystNSW