Retailing at just $199, TomTom's latest Start GPS unit is the Dutch giant's cheapest portable navigation unit released in Australia. Designed for first-time GPS users, the TomTom Start has spoken street names, an EasyPort mount system, IQ Routes tech...
GPS & Car Tech - Reviews
A similar GPS unit to the Navig8r G43 but possessing a smaller screen, the Laser Navig8r G35 performs almost identically to the larger model. At $169 it’s the cheapest GPS unit on the market, but the design is underwhelming and the speaker and screen...
It looks ugly, its screen is hard to see in direct sunlight and the sound quality is poor, but Laser’s Navig8r G43 GPS unit isn’t all bad news. Retailing for just $229 it offers free map updates, an Australian text-to-speech voice and speed limit war...
The fifth Australian turn-by-turn GPS application to be available from Apple's App Store, NDrive Australia aims to please iPhone users with detailed maps and a straightforward user interface. Unfortunately, its lack of features and a sub-par interfac...
ALK is renowned for its turn-by-turn GPS applications on PDAs and Windows Mobile smartphones, and now the company's CoPilot Live 8 GPS application has finally arrived on the iPhone.
Described by Samsung as the "world's first 12.1 megapixel camera phone," the Pixon 12 mobile phone was actually beaten in Australia by the launch of the Sony Ericsson Satio.
Navman's C40 GPS unit is an entry-level model targeted at users on a strict budget. It's based on the older Navman S35 but has updated maps and a different coloured case. The Navman C40 represents decent value but overzealous school zones alerts and ...
Sony Ericsson's Yari looks much like another run of the mill, mid-range slider mobile phone of the kind we've seen over and over again from the company. Turn it on, though, and the Yari is full of surprises, most notably its "gesture gaming" function...
With one of the largest screens we've seen on a GPS device, Uniden's TRAX 5000 certainly looks appealing at first glance. Also boasting advanced lane guidance, 3D landmarks and terrain and built-in safety warnings, the TRAX 5000 is good value for mon...
The Mio Moov A470 is a midrange GPS unit equipped with a 4.7in widescreen display. Highlights include inbuilt safety alerts, live traffic updates, 1GB of onboard memory, a microSD card slot and Bluetooth hands-free connectivity.
Navman's C series of GPS units is a budget line targeted at cost-conscious consumers. Navman's C60 is essentially based on an older GPS model from the company with updated maps and a different coloured casing.
Navman's MY30 GPS unit is the entry-level satnav in the MY range, but lane guidance and 3D junction views make a surprise appearance. Overzealous school zone warnings and a small display are issues, but given its reasonable price, the Navman MY30 rep...
On paper, Sony Ericsson's Satio smartphone certainly looks impressive -- a whopping 12.1 megapixel camera with Xenon flash, a large 3.5in touch screen display and an interface that uses standby panels on the home screen to access commonly used applic...
Packing in a wealth of features including a brilliant AMOLED display, a 5-megapixel camera and Wi-Fi, its strange to think the Samsung Jet Icon isn't actually a smartphone. Though it lacks the ability to install third-party applications, the intuitiv...
An entry level GPS unit with a downsized display, Garmin's nuvi 1260 is ideal for anyone on a budget. For a reasonable $349, the nuvi 1260 includes a text-to-speech feature and a Bluetooth hands-free speakerphone and it provides a solid navigational ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- Watch out: iOS 10 install is reportedly bricking some iPhones
- Google's Pixel Launcher leak hints at the demise of the Nexus brand
- It's official: iOS 10 launches with huge improvements to iMessage, Apple Music, Siri, and more
- Samsung is prepping a software update to cap Note7 charging to 60 percent
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTUX UI DesignerACT
- FTSystems EngineerOther
- FTService Desk AnalystACT
- CCSenior Application SupportVIC
- TPHelp desk AnalystsACT
- FTCommunications & Change AnalystOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTSenior Agile ConsultantOther
- FTApplication Support AnalystOther
- FTSnr Java DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Agile ConsultantOther
- FTSolution Architect - DatacentreVIC
- CCWeb Applications SupportQLD
- FTeCommerce Solution ArchitectOther
- FTManual Test AnalystQLD
- FTBI Tech LeadOther
- CCSAP CRM, ABAP, FIORI & UI5 ResourcesNSW
- FTContracts Admin/ Commercial Analyst- NSW Government backgroundOther
- FTFull stack .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCSolaris Migration SpecialistNSW
- FTProject Coordinator - Digital Applications (IT)Other
- FTIT Infrastructure EngineerOther
- FTSecurity Solution ConsultantVIC
- FTJava Developer - Networking ExperienceOther