If you’re an avid PC gamer, odds are you’ve spent a lot of money on your computer. Gaming keyboards and mice are another area that attracts significant investment, especially with the range of mechanical keyboards that are quickly becoming popular.
Headphones - Reviews
We’re unabashed fans of Sennheiser’s PC 360 G4ME headset from 2010 — it combined notoriously high quality headphone drivers from the audiophile-grade HD 595 with a clear, versatile noise-cancelling boom microphone.
Polk Audio is a brand that’s traditionally associated with audiophile-friendly speakers, but it’s making cautious steps into the high-end headphone market as well. We were genuinely impressed by the Polk Audio UltraFocus 8000 headphones, so we tried ...
Polk Audio is a company that has a long history of loudspeaker design, stretching back more than two decades. We haven’t seen any headphones from them before, but the UltraFocus 8000 noise cancelling cans that landed on our desk have all the hallmark...
When Denon launched its new range of headphones, we were most interested by the high-end Music Lover and travel-focused Globe Cruiser models. The AH-NCW500 comes from the company’s Globe Cruiser range, aimed at jet-setting executive types that are co...
It's become de rigueur to describe Apple's white earbuds as "ubiquitous" and "iconic"--and justifiably so. Not only are they almost inextricably linked to the company's iPods and iPhones, but Apple revealed at its recent press event that it had shipp...
Ferrari isn’t necessarily a brand you’d associate with headphones. Although the sportscar manufacturer keeps a range of accessories like jackets and watches on its books, it makes sense to cut into the fan market with some everyday products.
Bowers & Wilkins’ P5 headphones made waves on release for their perfectly modern-yet-classic styling, excellent sound quality, and exacting build quality. The Bowers & Wilkins P3 is a cut-down version of the P5 -- smaller, using fabric padding instea...
The Parrot Zik headphones packed full of some very cool technology and boast excellent noise cancelling technology, but they're overpriced.
The Parrot Zik wireless headphones have been designed specifically for smartphone users. These Bluetooth headphones are packed full of some very cool technology including NFC, swipe touch sensitive controls and a jawbone sensor.
The Gamecom 780 is the latest gaming headset from Plantronics featuring a retro design and Dolby Digital virtual 7.1 surround sound.
Audio-Technica has made a name for itself in the last few years by challenging Bose and Sony with cheaper noise cancelling headphones with excellent sound quality. We thought the $349 ATH-ANC9 headphones were better value than Bose’s QuietComfort 15s...
Audio-Technica is a headphone maker that doesn’t get as much publicity as Bose or Sony or Sennheiser. The Japanese company produces some extremely high quality products though, like its range of W series headphones finished in beautiful Japanese cher...
Audio-Technica's latest noise cancelling headphones are cheaper than Bose, and promise excellent sound quality. Noise cancelling blocks out 95 per cent of aircraft, office or study ambient noise, making the ATH-ANC9 headphones an investment worth con...
The Sony XBA-3 in-ear headphones are part of a renewed Sony foray into the high-end audio market -- with the XBA-1, XBA-2, and XBA-4 (and -IP iPhone variants) the XBA-3 is aimed at music enthusiasts with deep pockets.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple's AirPods could deliver audio with multiple wireless protocols
- First look: Nuheara IQbuds smart Bluetooth ear buds do more than just music
- Convoy International restructures business focus
- Beats Solo2 headphones go wireless for $399
- Astro A38 review: A staggering price to pay for convenience
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTProject Manager - Knowledge Management implementationVIC
- CCBusiness Specialist - Data ManagementNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- PTProject ManagerNSW
- TPIT Service ManagerNSW
- CCVirtualisation / Infrastructure ArchitectACT
- CCVMware AdministratorNSW
- FTRegional Market Manager - Wide Bay RegionQLD
- FTSalesforce Project LeadQLD
- CCSenior UNIX AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior Business Development Manager| SMSF/Accounting SoftwareNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - UX experience NeededNSW
- CCBlue Prism DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical ConsutlantACT
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- TPProject Reporting DeveloperSA
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystVIC
- CCTelecommunication Business SpecialistTAS
- CCEngineer/Developer - Splunk - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager (Wealth)NSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerACT
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystSA
- TPIntermediate Change ManagerQLD
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW