There was a time when it looked like HD-DVD would be winner in the battle to bring high-definition to computers and video players. Then the momentum suddenly swung to a competing standard called Blu-ray. Now, it looks like Blu-Ray is in trouble, but ...
High-Def Advisor - Features
We've put together a guide to make sure you aren't left behind by the digital television changeover.
The budget Blu-ray player market is heating up and it has never been a better time to make the switch to the high-definition format. We've checked out the top five budget Blu-ray players and picked out the best of the bunch.
HDMI is an increasingly common connection on monitors. On some monitors it has even replaced DVI. The benefits of having a HDMI port are obvious. It is the clear connection of choice over DVI and D-Sub on newer notebooks due to its size.
In 2008 the television markets for both plasma and LCD technology shifted dramatically. LCD television prices dropped 40 per cent in 2007 and this fall continued in 2008. However, the global ‘credit crunch’ led manufacturers to hold off on normal pri...
LCD and plasma TV technologies may seem identical, but the similarities end once you look past the thin form factor and big-screen ethos. We explain the important technology behind each television type and help you decide the value of features like 1...
The Panasonic TZ series will welcome two new models in April 2009, the Lumix DMC-TZ7 and the Lumix DMC-TZ6 also known as 'travel zoom' cameras. The 12.1-megapixel Lumix DMC-TZ7, equipped with a 10-element LEICA DC 25mm lens, will be a hybrid camera c...
Plasma vs LCD? What is high definition? We walk you through the process of picking up a new flat panel LCD or plasma television.
Flat-panel TV as thin as just 6.5-millimeters at the International Consumer Electronics Show
The economy may be sliding but innovation at Asia's tech giants is alive and well, if gadgets on show at this year's International Consumer Electronics Show are anything to go by.
The second part of our DIY home theatre series covers the selection of an A/V receiver, which powers your speakers and allows you to connect multiple audio and video devices simultaneously.
With the Christmas season in full swing, manufacturers and retailers are beginning to offer bundle deals to make their high-end products more attractive to put under the tree.
In many ways, a camcorder is the perfect Christmas gift. In addition to being a great product that will last for years to come, it also lets you capture the day’s yuletide festivities from start to finish. Whether you dream of making the next Austral...
Many shoppers are looking to take the HDTV plunge these holidays and beyond -- and stores eagerly await them.
So it's that time of year again (i.e. - tax time), and you've decided to treat yourself -- or surreptitiously 'treat' your spouse -- to a high-definition camcorder.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Panasonic launches high-end home theatre plasma TVs
- Sony releases first OLED television
- Sharp releases new LCD TV D77X series
- Panasonic launches world's first portable Blu-ray player
- New Panasonic Blu-ray recorders launched
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTProject Manager-Rail/ Telecommunication /Electrical engineeringOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTFixed Broadband SMEOther
- CCSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- CCData ArchitectNSW
- CCSystems Specialist - Linux / Windows / Network l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTSales AssociateACT
- FTDigital DesignerOther
- FTASP.NET DeveloperNSW
- FTL1 Service Desk SupportWA
- FTMicrosoft Analyst ProgrammerSA
- FTProject CoordinatorSA
- FTProject Coordinator - Travel IndustryQLD
- FTApplications Project ManagerOther
- TPFront End .NET DeveloperQLD
- FTSharePoint DevelopersOther
- TPBI DeveloperNSW
- FTCX Lead/Customer experience/Customer marketingOther
- CCPMO AdministratorVIC
- CCData AnalystVIC
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- CCCore Java Front End DeveloperNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- FTUser Experience Researcher - UX, UI, UCDOther
- FTIntegration & BI Manager - C-levelNSW