TP-Link’s smart lightbulbs output some 60W at light but with 80 per cent less power as they use LEDs. They are dimmable and, in the case of the LB130, you can set different colours using the internal RGB LEDs.
You may think that being hitched to a tech journalist, with all those free gadgets, is a never-ending thrill for a spouse… you get given decent phones, get to use the latest and greatest TVs and sometimes get to drive in the latest and greatest cars.
At just $279 for early Kickstarter backers, the Model C is practically an impulse buy. This Picobrew machine also makes sanitization even easier.
Once you’ve had a Carolina-style smoked pork BBQ you’ll want to keep having it. This smoker cooker is the best electric smoker we’ve seen. So if you need a meat smoker, a barbecue grill, a smoker grill or even a charcoal grill check out this Bradley Smoker and enhance your Australian BBQ or grill.
Google makes it as easy as it can to put the world’s knowledge at your fingertips on every screen you touch. With Google Home, it’s trying to extend that reach to casual conversation.
There's no way to review Google Home in isolation. This hyper-aware voice-activated speaker is an Amazon Echo clone, but improves upon the original concept.
It’s cheaper than the only competing color Wi-Fi bulb, but it’s not better.
Australians have a relationship with hot summers and air conditioning that few developed countries can appreciate. And yet it looks like it’s the Russians who have come up with an innovative solution to hot homes and offices.
Here’s how an Amazon Echo, Tap, or Echo Dot can light up your smart home.
TP-Link's new light bulbs don't require a smart home bridge to control them, letting you get up and running with just one bulb to start.
These dumb bulbs are perfect for smart lighting.
Nissan and power management company Eaton Electrical have joined forces to create new residential energy storage unit designed to rival Tesla's Powerwall home battery as the most affordable on the market.
Apple could make HomeKit more convenient and less confusing with its own control app.
iLumi's BR30 Outdoor color-tunable smart bulb will bring programmable lighting to your yard this summer
Tapping Bluetooth for command and control eliminates the need for a hub, but it also means iLumi's bulbs can't be integrated into connected-home systems. But that could change.
A federal study of 128 U.S. cities revealed that if Americans installed solar panels on every roof, it would supply 1,432 terawatt-hours (trillion watts) of annual energy generation -- 39% of the total power used by the U.S.
A new tide of demand for high-performance computer equipment is sweeping the world, as eSports becomes a major form of entertainment and spectator activity. With that, the technology supporting eSports is maturing rapidly.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple will return heat generated by data center to warm up homes
- The Pico Model C is the beer-brewing appliance for price-conscious beginners
- TP-Link's new Wi-Fi light bulbs shun smart bridges for easier, cheaper setup
- Nissan charges after Tesla with home battery system
- iLumi's BR30 Outdoor color-tunable smart bulb will bring programmable lighting to your yard this summer
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- CCIT Security Risk AnalystVIC
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical Lead Front-endNSW
- TPDelivery Coordinator - ProjectsQLD
- CCSharepoint DeveloperNSW
- FTSAP HANA ConsultantNSW
- FTScrum MasterNSW
- CCCommercial ManagerVIC
- FTDigital Business Analyst | Online BookingQLD
- TPData Migration LeadNSW
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Magento DeveloperVIC
- FTManual TesterACT
- CCSenior Digital BANSW
- TPSenior Project ManagerVIC
- TPSenior .Net DeveloperQLD
- FTService Desk Analyst Level 1 SupportQLD
- FTIT Systems EngineerQLD
- FTDatabase Developer - SQLACT
- FTSales Lead / Sales Executive - Enterprise IT Healthcare Perm - North RydeNSW
- FTProcurement OfficerACT
- CCIT Security Risk AnalystVIC