Foxtel is heating up competition in the streaming device market by unveiling its new ‘plug and play’ Foxtel Now device, only weeks after the launch of Telstra TV.
Offering a crisp slice of Ultra HD goodness and extra grunt under the bonnet, the Apple TV 4K is a worthy upgrade.
Telstra has officially unveiled its latest foray into the homes of Australian consumers, announcing the Telstra TV 2.
Apple have rung in the ten year anniversary of the original iPhone at their September keynote, announcing a new Apple Watch, Apple TV 4K, iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus along with the the long-rumored iPhone X.
The fight for the living room is heating up with Apple recently upping the ante with the reboot of the Apple TV and telecommunications giant, Telstra, making moves of its own with the release of the Roku powered Telstra TV.
The Apple TV is a great networked media player, but it would be greater still if it supported more file types and played from more locations. By locations, I mean over the network from something other than an iTunes server, and—oh, I don’t know—an attached USB drive?
The WD TV is a media player savvy enough to jump online with a friendly retail price of $150. It consists of a box the size of a hard drive and one of the most ingeniously laid out remote controls.
Though otherwise a fairly standard NAS box, the AS-304T’s HDMI output and USB keyboard/mouse support allow it to function as a full-featured XMBC media centre.
Western Digital's NAS-optimised 'WD Red' drives are now available in 2.5-inch models at 750GB and 1TB, and a new 4TB model pushes up the maximum capacity of the existing 3.5-inch range.
The Acer Revo 100 is a home-theatre PC that actually looks and feels like a home-theatre PC. It has a slim body that doesn't take up a lot of space and it contains only essential ports and slots, thereby making it look inconspicuous in a typical TV cabinet, or indeed when placed next to a TV. It even has a built-in navigation device that can be removed from the PC and used in place of a desktop-style keyboard and mouse.
The Iomega ScreenPlay TV Link Director Edition offers all the features one would expect – in terms of supported multimedia file formats, extra USB ports, wired and optional wireless networking, internet connectivity, usability of UI and remote, and quality of playback of 1080p videos.
The ASRock Ion 330HT-BD is a 'nettop' desktop PC with Intel's Atom 330 1.6GHz dual-core processor and NVIDIA ION integrated graphics. It has hardware acceleration to play back 1080p Blu-ray video free of any stuttering or buffering, and the integrated graphics are good enough for some limited gaming.
Western Digital's WD TV Mini high media player might be small, but it can be used to access most types of video, audio or photo files from a USB external hard drive. Though lacking HDMI, the WD TV Mini is a perfect match for older televisions or those that have a spare component input.
The Seagate FreeAgent Theater is a media player designed to connect your Seagate FreeAgent Go external hard drive to a television for photo, audio and video playback
The High Court of Australia's decision regarding the legality of the reproduction of Channel Nine's television programming guide by third-party provider IceTV will be handed down tomorrow morning at 10:15 EST.
Need a central and secure storage device to store important digital content for you and your family? Read this working mum's review to find out more.
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
cloudandco Smart Cane
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Apple iPhone X
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Toys for Boys
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Bose SoundLink Micro
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Lego Mindstorms EV3
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Xbox One X
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- 2 Acer Spin 5 review: Value for money but conditions apply
- 3 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 4 Sony LF-S50G review: Google Assistant and then some
- 5 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Foxtel Now's new streaming device launched weeks after TelstraTV
- Telstra looks to solve 'Entertainment Exasperation' with new 4K Telstra TV
- iPhone X, Apple Watch Series 3 and Apple TV 4K: Everything Announced At Today’s Apple Keynote
- WD Red range gains new 2.5-inch and 4TB models
- IceTV High Court decision to be handed down tomorrow morning
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- CES 2018: Belkin go big on wearables accessories
- CES 2018: Alcatel Embrace 18:9 Aspect Ratio In 2018
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- TPPMO AnalystVIC
- CCJunior to Mid Level Java Developer - BankingACT
- FTIntegration SpecialistNSW
- TPOutlook Support AnalystsVIC
- FTBig Data ArchitectOther
- CCTableau DeveloperQLD
- CCHFC Support EngineerNSW
- TPProgram Scheduler | 12 Month Contract | Qld GovernmentQLD
- CCLean Six Sigma Process Improvement SpecialistNSW
- FTManager, Data QualityOther
- TPProgram Delivery Manager - Health LISQLD
- FTUX Design LeadOther
- FTExecutive AssistantOther
- FTIT Security OfficerACT
- CCServer Support Specialist ? Performance and Capacity ManagementNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSecurity Business AnalystVIC
- CCFull Stack Developer (Angular / .Net)NSW
- CCAutomation Test Engineer - BRISBANE BASEDVIC
- CCPerformance Tester | Vugen | Loadrunner | Baseline ClearanceACT
- FTPower BI /SQL DeveloperOther
- TPBusiness Intelligence & Analytics Project ManagerQLD
- FTDevOps ManagerOther
- CCSenior Program ManagerNSW
- TPTechnical Project OfficerQLD