Here are our picks for the top alternatives to Apple TV in 2018.
If you take your home entertainment seriously, the Shield TV is a product that’s seriously worth considering. More casual users might want to wait for the software-side of the equation to mature a little before buying in.
Fetch has announced the addition of a new beIN Sports Pack that includes three beIN Sports channels.
It’s no longer enough to just have the best picture quality. Aspects of the experience like UI, UX and streamlined integration with the other connected apps and services are becoming an increasingly important part of the picture.
The Amazon Fire Stick is, all things considered, a pretty simple product - even if it is one that handily achieves what it sets to do.
Even if the overall package does succumb to a number of shortcomings, the Foxtel Now box still feels like a significant step forward for the brand and as close to a must-have as Foxtel customers are going to get.
The new Telstra TV looks to the future, making the jump to 4K, while also finding the time to look back, adding integration with traditional free-to-air TV. Beyond that, it maintains the same Roku-powered - albeit slightly-refined - media box experience of the first gen device.
Foxtel is heating up competition in the streaming device market by unveiling its new ‘plug and play’ Foxtel Now device, only weeks after the launch of Telstra TV.
Offering a crisp slice of Ultra HD goodness and extra grunt under the bonnet, the Apple TV 4K is a worthy upgrade.
Anyone with a Plex Pass subscription can now get at their media libraries from Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive (personal) with Plex Cloud.
YouTube's new live TV service will make TV mobile, flexible, easy, competitive and super profitable for Google.
Google-owned YouTube has announced plans for a streaming TV bundle that includes all four major networks, ESPN, Disney, and others for $35 a month.
Panasonic’s set-top boxes can manage free-to-air Freeview channels and play/record to Blu-ray and DVD.
Can Apple set its streaming box apart from lower-priced rivals?
Apple Music plans to make exclusive original content a selling point for subscribers.
Need to buy a gift for somebody who loves technology but you can’t afford the big ticket items? Don’t fret! We have some affordable answers.
Being a tech lover does not exclude loving food too!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: Expensive, but probably the best phone you can buy right now
- 2 Huawei Nova 3i review: All Sell, No Soul
- 3 Oppo A5X review: A winning blend of long battery, solid performance and low-price
- 4 DJI Mavic 2 Pro review: These glorious heights
- 5 Huawei FreeBuds review: Solid as a value-add, less so standalone
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Fetch expands offering with new beIN Sports pack
- Foxtel Now's new streaming device launched weeks after TelstraTV
- Plex Cloud is now open to all paid users
- YouTube launches streaming TV service with 40 channels and unlimited cloud DVR storage
- Up next for Apple TV: 4K streaming reportedly in the works
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s useful for office tasks as well as pragmatic labelling of equipment and storage – just don’t get too excited and label everything in sight!
The Brother MFC-L8900CDW is an absolute stand out. I struggle to fault it.
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
- Apple iPhone XS review: Astonishment at a price
- Google Pixel 3 XL review: Ghost in the machine
- Oppo Find X: Full, in-depth review
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?