Amazon took it's time with its latest Kindle-and that time has paid off in spades.
Home Entertainment - News
3D TV shipments are on the rise with the availability of more TV models and increasing movie and sports content in 3D, research firm DisplaySearch said on Wednesday.
The ABC's iView catch-up television service is now available on Sony's Internet-connected BRAVIA televisions and Blu-ray players.
Face it, consumer loath digital rights management restrictions on content. Here are six ways the latest Hollywood DRM scheme, Ultraviolet, can suck less.
Taking a page out of Apple supremo Steve Jobs' book, Melbourne-based Kogan Technologies this morning launched what it dubbed as a "magical and revolutionary" eBook reader with a 6″ e-ink screen.
Japan's Sharp plans to enter the increasingly competitive e-book reader market later this year with a device that can read a new e-publishing file format of its own, it said Tuesday.
The Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE), a group of 58 Hollywood studios and technology companies, is pinning its hopes for the future of entertainment on UltraViolet, an online digital locker that would allow you to buy a movie once, and ...
Predictions for the Kindle's death at the hands of the iPad appear to have been premature as Amazon on Monday reported strong growth in sales of its popular e-reader after dropping the price to US$189.
Sharp recently announced that it will be the first Blu-ray disc maker to launch a recordable triple layer Blu-ray format with 100GB of storage capacity--twice the capacity of current Blu-ray discs.
Samsung Electronics has launched its latest high-end TV, the Series 9 - a $10,000 55in panel which is a mere 7.98mm thick. The new Series 9 also supports 3D viewing and has a full colour touch-screen remote control.
ATLANTA -- The development of "smart TVs" is also leading, not surprisingly, to the creation of a smart remote as well, thanks to <a Intel.
Quirk Books will publish the DC Comics 75th Anniversary Poster Book in October, collecting what it says is the most memorable DC comic covers from its history.
Everyone has wanted a light saber at some point. Well, keep dreaming, it's not going to happen.
Australia's third-largest Internet service provider (ISP), iiNet, has struck a deal with FetchTV to distribute an IPTV service to its customers.
Samsung Electronics, one of the world's largest electronics makers, on Wednesday forecast record operating profit for the second quarter of 2010 on strong sales.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Plex Cloud is now open to all paid users
- YouTube launches streaming TV service with 40 channels and unlimited cloud DVR storage
- Up next for Apple TV: 4K streaming reportedly in the works
- Apple’s original TV shows are almost ready for prime time
- Apple snags Amazon Fire TV exec to lead Apple TV efforts
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPSenior Project Officer HSQQLD
- FTOSS Developer - BPM (Business Process Manager) SMEVIC
- CCNetworks Engineer - SecurityVIC
- CCSoftware ManagerVIC
- FTSenior MS Server Administrator with HyperVNSW
- FTSenior IOS DeveloperNSW
- FTFinance Analyst with Accounting | 8 Month ContractVIC
- FTSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTProject ManagerQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - Cyber Security EnvironmentACT
- FTLead Agile Software TesterNSW
- FTVDI EngineerACT
- FTWindows Server Engineer MCSE, SCCM, SCOM, PowershellNSW
- CCSenior UNIX AdministratorNSW
- CCPersonal AssistantNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCProject Communications and Engagement SpecialistQLD
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager Office 365 ImplementationVIC
- CCTest Capability LeadNSW
- FTProduct Manager (IT Clinical Systems) - Permanent - Syd, Melb or BrisbNSW
- FTProduct Manager - Machine To MachineVIC
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- FTSoftware Engineer - Build/Image MaintenanceACT
- FTFull Stack Web Developer .NET or JAVANSW