The Pioneer VSX-LX52 is a high-end home theatre receiver with support for 7.1 discrete audio channels. Its total power output of 1050W RMS is split equally between the seven satellite audio channels, with the capability to minutely adjust almost ever...
Home Entertainment - Reviews
The Kogan HD Digital Set-Top-Box with PVR lets you watch high-definition digital television on a non-digital TV. You can also plug in an external hard drive or flash drive to record TV shows. At under $100 this set-top box represents great value for ...
It was not so long ago that a top-of-the-range Blu-ray player would set you back $2500 or more. Now, you can snap up the feature-packed Samsung BD-P3600 for under $500 — and still consider it to be a bit pricey. Times sure have changed. Equippe...
“A great read is a few seconds away,” proclaims the Sony Reader Daily Edition screen as it tries to connect to the Sony store--or to do anything else involving the unit’s wireless Internet access. Unfortunately, in my tests, I had to wait a lot longe...
The ASUS O!Play HDP-R1 media streamer is easy to use and handles all common file types. With the exception of streaming from networked PCs, it is a capable and simple media playback device with a few nifty features.
The Altec Lansing Mix iMT800 iPod dock looks and sounds impressive.
The $699 Pioneer BDP-320 sends gorgeous pictures to an HDTV, but it lacks the Web streaming multimedia capabilities of even lower priced Blu-ray disc players; such as the LG BD370 and the Panasonic DMP-BD60.
What's shaped like an egg but isn't? What audio device has a touch-screen interface but isn't an iPod Touch?
The Edifier MP300 Plus is a small yet surprisingly powerful portable speaker system. It comes with two tiny satellite speakers and a 9-Watt tubular subwoofer that's just 28cm long. Despite their diminutive size, they have enough power to easily fill ...
Netgear's Digital Entertainer Elite EVA9150 is the most versatile example of a rare breed: set-top media players that can be used by "the rest of us." With their terminal-like interfaces that only a geek could love, most such boxes tend to appeal mai...
The rather odd-looking LaCie Sound2 Speakers are quite useful for users who have a netbook or regular notebook. However, the design of this USB-based speaker system frustrated us from the beginning.
The Sony BDP-S360 is an entry-level Blu-ray player that covers most of the basics well. It boasts excellent picture quality, good DVD upscaling and a very user-friendly interface. Profile 2.0 is naturally supported, along with Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD...
For the same price as a mid-range 42in HDTV, Sony's VPL-BW7 projector provides a larger image with decent quality. High brightness and contrast mean the VPL-BW7's image is still somewhat visible in a well-lit area, though don't expect the best qualit...
Bridging the gap between the home PC and a high-quality audio system is the aim of the Olive 2 from Olive Media. It's a network audio player, able to receive digital audio over a local wired or wireless network - and it can also be used to play strea...
At first glance, the slim Toshiba BDX2000--the company's first Blu-ray Disc player--seems unexceptional, with limited extras and a boxy remote. But when you pop a Blu-ray disc into it and see what the BDX2000 can do, you'll realise what a bargain it ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Plex Cloud is now open to all paid users
- YouTube launches streaming TV service with 40 channels and unlimited cloud DVR storage
- Up next for Apple TV: 4K streaming reportedly in the works
- Apple’s original TV shows are almost ready for prime time
- Apple snags Amazon Fire TV exec to lead Apple TV efforts
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSupport AnalystOther
- FTSAP ICT TrainerOther
- FTSenior Siebel Integrator/Developer - Canberra/MelbourneOther
- FTSoftware ConsultantOther
- FTDigital DesignerOther
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsACT
- CCBlack Belt - Improvement ManagerVIC
- FTDirector ICT Programme Management Office – Adelaide Delivery CentreSA
- TPProject ServicesACT
- TPProcurement Specialist - ITQLD
- CCProcess AnalystNSW
- FTFixed Broadband SMEOther
- FTSenior Project AnalystOther
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCICT Training ManagerNSW
- FTProject CoordinatorOther
- FTIT PMO OfficerOther
- FTSEO ExecutiveOther
- FTSenior Agile Test AnalystOther
- TPDigital Business Analyst | Six Month Contract |Immediate StartQLD
- FTDatabase DeveloperOther
- CCIT Service Desk SupportSA
- FTSystems EngineerOther
- CCBusiness Analyst (Maximo)NSW