So we may have got a bit excited at the announcement of this device from Plox. But it’s quite natural to regress to a small child when something like this comes along. Yes it’s a levitating Death Star speaker and yes you (and/or your kids) will probably want one. Yes Christmas is coming and yes, it’s $250. That’s not cheap. So is it worth buying?
This is a very down and dirty comparison of low-end audio performance on the Apple iPhone 7 and the Google Pixel XL as recorded on a Sony Xperia XZ phone!
Now perhaps I wasn’t the target market when Ultimate Ears launched their UE Megaboom Bluetooth speaker. I don’t like partying, the music is always too loud and people can’t hear my witty quips. I’m normally standing uncomfortably at the bar, drinking endless torrents of house bubbles.
The Jam Rewind and Braven 105 are two small, durable Bluetooth speakers that offer good sound and several distinctive features.
This speaker's price tag, sound, and feature set are appealing enough, but it's all undermined by a distinctly mediocre app.
The diminutive Core is one of the best Bluetooth speakers ever. The Core Sub is icing on that sonic cake.
JBL's Charge 3 Bluetooth speaker can run for an astounding 20 hours between charges. Party hardy folks!
Introducing Roving Rachel our new techie travel writer. A candidate for having the best job in the world, she reports on some of the best adventure destinations on the planet, the best festivals and the best ways to get there – all while discussing the technology, apps and services she uses and encounters along the way.
Sydney-based consumer electronics company, Convoy International is conducting a major restructure of its business lines.
Yamaha unveils MusicCast, a high-fidelity multi-room audio system that will have 20-plus components by year's end
Will support for high-definition audio streams be enough to break Sonos’ iron grip on this market?
The classic wood veneer styling captures your attention immediately. But it's not until you read the cutting list of what's been included in the Bush Heritage II Connect radio that you truly appreciate what you're getting.
Instead of making you choose between Apple AirPlay and Google Cast, Sony's latest whole-home speakers will work with both.
The two defining characteristics of the second generation SoundLink Mini is its small size and its big sound. Bose has a reputation for fantastic music and this Bluetooth speaker makes it possible to take it with you on the go.
The largest of Panasonic’s multi-room speakers is the SC-ALL8. It’s not an altogether unattractive speaker, and because it’s wireless except for its power cable, it can be situated anywhere in the home that’s within range of a power outlet. However, it’s not enough for a speaker to look good and be convenient to place; it needs to sound good, too, and this is an area where the SC-ALL8 doesn’t really shine.
BenQ is not the first brand (or perhaps even the twentieth) that you’ll think of turning to for a high-quality Bluetooth speaker, but the company has introduced a portable speaker that’s different from the norm, and quite an interesting proposition. The treVolo makes use of electrostatic speaker drivers that can produce sound both in front and behind the listening position.
Is your IT system growing at pace with your business? Here are 5 reasons why you should consider the move to Cloud ERP now.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Convoy International restructures business focus
- Yamaha unveils MusicCast, a high-fidelity multi-room audio system that will have 20-plus components by year's end
- Sony's new whole-home speakers combine Google Cast and Apple AirPlay
- Sonos Boost promises to eliminate network dead spots on a Sonos network
- Logitech launches new wireless, NFC-capable speaker
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTTest Analyst - Application TestingACT
- CCArchitect/Senior Capacity Planner Network Engineering - TelcoVIC
- FTDigital Sales Account Manager - Global Ecommerce BrandNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsVIC
- FTInformation Security ManagerACT
- FTAsst. Director - Claim Analysis. Work Location - CanberraACT
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)SA
- FTIntegration DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Functional Analyst - FinanceQLD
- FTSystems Support EngineerQLD
- CCPeoplesoft DeveloperACT
- FTMobile Studio Lead/ Mobile UX LeadNSW
- FTSalesforce Project LeadQLD
- FTEngineer Control Systems SpecialistSA
- FTSenior Solutions Architect - Network & Unified ComunicationsACT
- FTTest AnalystNSW
- FTHR Business Analyst / Performance Management SMENSW
- FTSecurity ConsultantACT
- FTDrupal Web DeveloperACT
- FTOracle E-Business Functional ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior .Net Developer - Multiple rolesQLD
- TPBusiness Intelligence DeveloperSA
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW