So we may have got a bit excited at the announcement of this device from Plox. But it’s quite natural to regress to a small child when something like this comes along. Yes it’s a levitating Death Star speaker and yes you (and/or your kids) will probably want one. Yes Christmas is coming and yes, it’s $250. That’s not cheap. So is it worth buying?
This is a very down and dirty comparison of low-end audio performance on the Apple iPhone 7 and the Google Pixel XL as recorded on a Sony Xperia XZ phone!
Now perhaps I wasn’t the target market when Ultimate Ears launched their UE Megaboom Bluetooth speaker. I don’t like partying, the music is always too loud and people can’t hear my witty quips. I’m normally standing uncomfortably at the bar, drinking endless torrents of house bubbles.
The Jam Rewind and Braven 105 are two small, durable Bluetooth speakers that offer good sound and several distinctive features.
This speaker's price tag, sound, and feature set are appealing enough, but it's all undermined by a distinctly mediocre app.
The diminutive Core is one of the best Bluetooth speakers ever. The Core Sub is icing on that sonic cake.
JBL's Charge 3 Bluetooth speaker can run for an astounding 20 hours between charges. Party hardy folks!
Introducing Roving Rachel our new techie travel writer. A candidate for having the best job in the world, she reports on some of the best adventure destinations on the planet, the best festivals and the best ways to get there – all while discussing the technology, apps and services she uses and encounters along the way.
Sydney-based consumer electronics company, Convoy International is conducting a major restructure of its business lines.
Yamaha unveils MusicCast, a high-fidelity multi-room audio system that will have 20-plus components by year's end
Will support for high-definition audio streams be enough to break Sonos’ iron grip on this market?
The classic wood veneer styling captures your attention immediately. But it's not until you read the cutting list of what's been included in the Bush Heritage II Connect radio that you truly appreciate what you're getting.
Instead of making you choose between Apple AirPlay and Google Cast, Sony's latest whole-home speakers will work with both.
The two defining characteristics of the second generation SoundLink Mini is its small size and its big sound. Bose has a reputation for fantastic music and this Bluetooth speaker makes it possible to take it with you on the go.
The largest of Panasonic’s multi-room speakers is the SC-ALL8. It’s not an altogether unattractive speaker, and because it’s wireless except for its power cable, it can be situated anywhere in the home that’s within range of a power outlet. However, it’s not enough for a speaker to look good and be convenient to place; it needs to sound good, too, and this is an area where the SC-ALL8 doesn’t really shine.
BenQ is not the first brand (or perhaps even the twentieth) that you’ll think of turning to for a high-quality Bluetooth speaker, but the company has introduced a portable speaker that’s different from the norm, and quite an interesting proposition. The treVolo makes use of electrostatic speaker drivers that can produce sound both in front and behind the listening position.
Get complimentary strategy guide here
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Convoy International restructures business focus
- Yamaha unveils MusicCast, a high-fidelity multi-room audio system that will have 20-plus components by year's end
- Sony's new whole-home speakers combine Google Cast and Apple AirPlay
- Sonos Boost promises to eliminate network dead spots on a Sonos network
- Logitech launches new wireless, NFC-capable speaker
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSmallworld Developer - GIS , Spatial data,Other
- CCHelpdesk Support - L2VIC
- CCManual and Automation TesterQLD
- FTService Delivery CoordinatorOther
- FTSenior Systems Engineer - Virtualisation and StorageVIC
- CCSenior Network Architect - CloudVIC
- FTSenior Software Engineer - Positive Vetting, NV2 or NV1 required!!!!SA
- FTAgile Project Manager x 2NSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTImplementation Consultant - SMSF SoftwareOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - TelecommunicationsOther
- FTProject CoordinatorSA
- FTFull Stack Software DeveloperOther
- FTSAP CRM Functional ConsultantsACT
- FTSoftware and Middleware DevelopersACT
- FTLevel 2 and 3 Server EngineerOther
- CCDevOps Team LeaderNSW
- FTPenetration TesterOther
- FTLead Network EngineerOther
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- CCMultiple Front End Developers - BRISBANE | React.js | Angular.js | Node.js |WA
- FTNetwork Capacity PlannerOther
- TPSenior .NET DeveloperNSW
- FTBilling Manager, Technology CompanyOther
- FTChange AnalystOther