The Palm Pre and the Apple iPhone 3G S are the smartphone standouts of 2009, but they're not the only news. Operating systems are receiving updates, new devices are debuting, and app stores are growing by the day. Here's what to look for from the six...
iPhone Centre - Features
TomTom's turn-by-turn direction iPhone application, which was unveiled at Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference Monday, has been met with much enthusiasm. The company's stock price increased by 17 percent after TomTom co-founder and CTO Peter-Frans...
For about two hours on Monday, a big chunk of the technology world had its eyes focused on Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) in San Francisco. And even with CEO Steve Jobs out on medical leave, Apple's execs managed to wow the assembled ...
Over the course of two weeks in June, Apple will deliver more new phones than any mobile handset manufacturer in history. On June 8, paid members of Apple's iPhone Developer Program were given access to the GM (gold master) of iPhone 3.0 firmware, al...
The guessing game is over: Apple's iPhone 3G S has arrived.
In comparing the RIM BlackBerry Bold to the Apple iPhone 3G, after a month-long test of each, I declared that it was time to bury the Blackberry, as it was mediocre in its signature mail functions and pathetic in next-gen mobile capabilities such as ...
Unless you've been living under a rock, you'll know that Apple has announced its latest iPhone — the iPhone 3G S.
Apple has announced the launch of the iPhone 3G S -- the third iPhone to be released since the first model hit the US and other selected markets back in 2007.
The guessing game is over: Apple's iPhone 3G S has arrived. Don't let appearances fool you. On the outside nothing looks much different with the 3G S. The real difference is what's inside. So how will Apple's iPhone 3G s compare to the Palm Pre?
The year 2009 is shaping up as the year of the app store, a Sun executive conjectured Wednesday during a panel session at the JavaOne conference.
In just six days Apple will kick off its Worldwide Developers Conference, which runs from June 8-12. The perennial Apple event is one of several vehicles the company uses to unveil new tech toys and software.
It's hard not to look at an iPhone and wonder whether you could chuck your laptop and use it to do all your work instead. After all, it offers e-mail, always-on Web access, and an ever increasing roster of applications, many of which have business us...
Today I read about a free iPhone app called Email 'n Walk. There are tons of iPhone apps out there, of course, many of them for free or super cheap. But this one caught my eye, in an oh-no-they-didn't kind of way. The app's goal is to make it possibl...
What exec wouldn't love to have an army of unpaid workers cranking out improvements to their product on the off chance that they may make some money -- or get a little glory? Steve Jobs, of course. But despite Apple's stand, independent developers ar...
An increasing number of companies, such as Australia's Collect3, are dedicated to iPhone development. Not all developers have the resources of a whole company behind them, however.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- It's official: iOS 10 launches with huge improvements to iMessage, Apple Music, Siri, and more
- Which iPhones, iPads, and iPods support iOS 10?
- India has shot down Apple's plan to sell refurbished iPhones
- Lab results find the iPhone SE fails the bendgate and waterproof test
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Business Analyst, BankingOther
- TPDemand Analysis ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCNP/CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW
- FTFixed Broadband SMEOther
- FTCommercial Analyst (IT Contracts)Other
- FTSoftware Developer - C#VIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - BI, Analytics and Data modellingOther
- FTHelpdesk AnalystOther
- FTJunior DeveloperOther
- FTEmail Marketing SpecialistOther
- FTSolution Architect - DatacentreVIC
- FTMaster SchedulerACT
- FTSenior Software Developer (x3)Other
- FTWintel Engineer - Level 1 and 2 ServerOther
- FTInfrastructure EngineerACT
- FTBusiness Intelligence / Datawarehouse DeveloperOther
- CCKnowledge/CSI ManagerACT
- FTCX Lead/Customer experience/Customer marketingOther
- CCSystems Network Engineer - DDOSVIC
- CCIT Service Desk SupportSA
- FTTransition Consultant - SMSF SoftwareOther
- FTSenior Application Support SpecialistQLD
- FTMobile App DeveloperOther
- FTAS400 EngineerOther
- FTEmail Marketing Specialist/ Campaign SpecialistOther