What did the Mac do to deserve this? Lately it seems as if Apple management is giving its Macintosh platform short shrift, instead favoring its younger, sexier mobile devices, also known as the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
iPhone Centre - Features
With the launch of IOS4--the rebranded iPhone OS 4--and the recent unveiling of Android 2.2, the leading edge smartphones have new OS platforms to build on. There are a lot of cool "bells and whistles" type features in both, but when it comes to depl...
It's finally here! After weeks of buggy and crash prone betas, the Gold Master version of Apple's newly renamed mobile Operating System has been seeded to developers. Just from using the GM the past day I can already safely say it is a great bit more...
Multitasking is a common, even expected activity--both in our daily lives and in our gadget-driven lives. Steve Jobs freely acknowledges that Apple has been late to the multitasking party, but that's changing with iOS 4.
During today's introduction of the iPhone 4, Steve Jobs detailed that the upcoming device will make use of what Retina display.
Steve Jobs took the wraps off Apple's latest iPhone, the iPhone 4, at the Worldwide Developer Conference this morning, but Australians will have to wait until they can get their hands on the latest Apple gadget. While US consumers only have to wait u...
Apple's App Store approval process has always been a bit controversial because of the level of control the company holds over what types of applications are allowed in. Initially, there were concerns that Apple rejected apps because they duplicated f...
Apple is expected to announce its fourth-generation iPhone hardware on Monday that will include a forward-facing camera that can be used for video chat, allowing real-time wireless videoconferencing.
One of the prevailing themes at the Computex conference this week is the coming onslaught of Android-based tablets. The iPad is leading the tablet charge--selling more than two million units in less than two months since its initial launch, but some ...
It's almost that time of the year again -- no, not Christmas, Easter or Anzac Day, but Apple's Worldwide Developer Conference (WWDC), which is expected to feature the unveiling of Apple's fourth-generation iPhone.
A few weeks ago I asked readers what they'd say to Steve Jobs, if they have the opportunity to email him. I promised to forward any emails onto Mr. Jobs himself.
After months of groaning with disappointment watching US consumers get their grubby mitts on Apple's latest phenomenon, Aussies can finally rejoice -- the iPad is here! Set to launch on 28 May in Australia, Apple's attempt to create a new category of...
Apple's long-awaited iPad hits Australian shelves at the end of May, and a clutch of creative apps promise to make it a must-have gadget for illustrators and digital artists.
By now, you've probably read about the next-generation iPhone prototype drama. US blog Gizmodo obtained what is believed to be Apple's next-generation iPhone, already dubbed the iPhone 4G or iPhone HD.
The iPhone OS 4.0 isn't expected to unveil until sometime next month -- possibly coordinated with the release of the fourth-generation iPhone -- but a glimpse of the beta reveals a number of features iPhone owners will be pleased hear are on the way....
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- It's official: iOS 10 launches with huge improvements to iMessage, Apple Music, Siri, and more
- Which iPhones, iPads, and iPods support iOS 10?
- India has shot down Apple's plan to sell refurbished iPhones
- Lab results find the iPhone SE fails the bendgate and waterproof test
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTDigital ProducerNSW
- FTSecurity ConsultantQLD
- FTIT ArchitectNSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystSA
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- CCAutomation DeveloperNSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)WA
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerQLD
- CCCitrix SpecialistACT
- CCSenior Full-Stack Developer (Digital Transformation Project)QLD
- FTInformation Security ManagerACT
- FTBusiness Analyst/Project ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Data Warehouse ConsultantNSW
- FTSystem Analyst - IntegrationQLD
- FTProduct Manager - Machine To MachineVIC
- TPSenior .Net DeveloperQLD
- FTSecurity ConsultantVIC
- CCSAP Business Finance LeadQLD
- TPBusiness Intelligence AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Full-Stack Developer (Digital Transformation Project)QLD
- FTICT Sales Account ManagerQLD
- FTOracle E-Business Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTSAP APO ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Process Specialist | ProcurementVIC