Even though Apple recently upgraded the back-end infrastructure of its problem-plagued MobileMe, the online service was offline for nearly six hours Monday, according to a Web uptime measurement company.
iPhone Centre - News
Putting Intel's Moorestown chip package inside a future version of the iPhone would make the smart phone less secure, according to an independent security researcher.
Counter-intuitive as it sounds, lower-income buyers are driving sales of Apple's iPhone 3G, a Web metrics company said Thursday.
Propelled by booming iPhone 3G sales, Apple on Tuesday reported strong sales and profitability for the quarter that ended in September.
Apple has no imminent plans to compete in the growing market for "netbooks," the small, inexpensive laptops that accounted for 5 percent of all US notebook sales last quarter, CEO Steve Jobs said Tuesday.
Zylotech Limited [ASX: ZYL] has become the first company to offer a surveillance suite compatible with the iPhone 3G.
Tired of getting the brush-off from Apple, Israeli researcher Aviv Raff Thursday disclosed technical details about a pair of iPhone security flaws that he first reported more than two months ago.
Bending to criticism from iPhone developers, Apple Wednesday announced it is dropping the non-disclosure agreement (NDA) for applications that have been released.
Apple has closed a loophole that had let a rejected iPhone developer sell his application using a distribution channel meant for beta testing and enterprises.
A week after Apple rejected his iPhone application and barred it from selling on the App Store, developer Alex Sokirynsky has turned to a little-known, but still Apple-approved, distribution channel to sell his work.
Apple Friday recalled all power adapters it packaged with iPhone 3G phones sold since mid-July in the US, Japan, Canada, Mexico and several Central and South American countries.
A Dick Smith Electronics store in Cairns, Queensland, is in hot water over allegations it recently sold a mobile phone containing pornographic photos. The customer, a university student, was "shocked and disgusted" when she discovered the images on t...
A day after Apple released its iPhone 2.1 update, users were split on whether the new software improves 3G reception and cuts the number of dropped calls, a major goal of the release that CEO Steve Jobs promised earlier in the week.
Australian ISP Internode has added free access to iPhone services from its wireless hotspots.
Apple will release an iPhone update Friday that CEO Steve Jobs promised "fixes lots of bugs," including the dropped call problem that's plagued users since July.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- It's official: iOS 10 launches with huge improvements to iMessage, Apple Music, Siri, and more
- Which iPhones, iPads, and iPods support iOS 10?
- India has shot down Apple's plan to sell refurbished iPhones
- Lab results find the iPhone SE fails the bendgate and waterproof test
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSecurity Architect - Perth BasedQLD
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- FTProject Manager- RiskSA
- CCSecurity ConsultantVIC
- TPSecurity Controls Specialist - ISO 27002VIC
- CCTibco Integration Specialist l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTService Delivery ManagerNSW
- FTSenior / Lead AEM DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior Agile Test AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager - DigitalisationQLD
- FTWeb Developer | Parramatta | Initial 6 month contractNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - Life InsuranceNSW
- TPRegional Level 2/3 Desktop Support AnalystVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- FTWintel EngineerNSW
- FTGraduate Technical ConsultantACT
- FTSAP Solution ArchitectsACT
- CCSolution Architect - Network Operations/Design - TelcoVIC
- FTSystems Administrator - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTJava Technical Team LeadVIC
- CCVisual DesignerACT