Apple extended an olive branch to subscribers of its MobileMe online sync service today by apologizing for problems during last week's opening and adding 30 additional days service to all accounts.
iPhone Centre - News
Only five days after its official launch, the iPhone 3G has been hacked.
Apple announced today that it sold its 1 millionth iPhone 3G worldwide on Sunday, three days after the launch, adding that more than 10 million applications from the App Store had been downloaded since late last week.
Apple Monday claimed its new App Store delivered more than 10 million downloads to iPhone and iPod touch owners in the three days since its launch last Friday.
Apple patched 13 vulnerabilities in the iPhone and iPod touch last Friday, including several it had fixed in Mac OS X or the Safari Web browser as long ago as March.
Pent-up demand for a faster iPhone, sated starting on Friday when the second-generation 3G phone debuted, will result in a "tsunami" of purchases in the next 90 days, a research firm reported Friday.
Apple started selling its new iPhone 3G Friday, with crowds reported in locations from Tokyo and Europe to New York City, where the new faster phone went on sale at 8 a.m. local time.
Andrew Maddox is still using the first generation of Apple's iPhone, but he wasted no time this week in getting his business e-mail pushed to the device.
Apple fans who bought their iPhones before Friday's splashy iPhone 3G rollout have a new reason to upgrade their software: It's buggy.
Optus has offered only limited numbers of prepaid iPhone 3Gs for sale today, with some customers eager to get an iPhone having to sign up to cap-based plan on either a 12- or 24-month contract. Optus announced prepaid plans for the iPhone last week.
Apple cofounder Steve Wozniak will be in line all Thursday night to buy an iPhone 3G, but he said most of his friends with the original device aren't ponying up for the new one.
Apple CEO Steve Jobs revealed Wednesday that the iPhone will feature more than 160 games when the company launches its App Store service this week.
After much anticipation, the iPhone 3G was released internationally this morning.
Oracle is jumping on the iPhone bandwagon, releasing Business Indicators, the first in a planned wave of applications for the red-hot mobile device.
Apple opened its App Store Thursday with more than 550 applications for the iPhone and iPod touch, about a fourth of them free.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google WiFi review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Sony Xperia XZ Premium phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- It's official: iOS 10 launches with huge improvements to iMessage, Apple Music, Siri, and more
- Which iPhones, iPads, and iPods support iOS 10?
- India has shot down Apple's plan to sell refurbished iPhones
- Lab results find the iPhone SE fails the bendgate and waterproof test
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- Google WiFi review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTTechnical Business AnalystSA
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantACT
- TPProject Manager - Implementation Lead - CS restucture**NSW
- FTSoftware Engineer (Java with DevOps)VIC
- CCSAP ABAP DevelopersNSW
- FTSenior Technical Business Analyst, FX and TradingOther
- FTPHP DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior PHP ProgrammerSA
- FTHFC Network Modeller | 6mth ContractOther
- CCTalend Open Studio Data Integration ConsultantNSW
- FTSharePoint AdministratorACT
- FTDevOps ManagerOther
- CCAgile Delivery SpecialistACT
- FTDevOps EngineerOther
- FTSenior Risk Analyst | 6mth ContractOther
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- CCSenior CoolGen DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Java Developer, FX, Low Latency, Pricing, TradingOther
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSAP ABAP DevelopersVIC
- FTSearch Engine Optimisation SpecialistWA
- FTSoftware EngineerOther
- FTSupport AnalystOther
- TPBI ConsultantNSW