Monsoon Multimedia and the Software Freedom Law Center are discussing a settlement regarding Monsoon's open-source licensing violation, but a deal isn't certain.
LinuxWorld.com.au - News
Global expansion and strong Enterprise Linux subscriptions have lifted Red Hat to double-digit growth as the CEO confirms provider Red Hat's solution and services transformation.
Mozilla updated the preview of Firefox 3.0 to alpha 8 Thursday, unveiling for the first time to users several security features it's talked up for months.
A hacker who discovered a recently-patched QuickTime flaw affecting the Firefox browser says he has found an equally serious flaw in Adobe Systems' PDF file format.
In what may be the first action of its kind in the US, the Software Freedom Law Center has filed a lawsuit to enforce an open-source license.
Negropontes' people's PC is solely aimed at schoolchildren and if they give it thumbs down the large-scale project won't succeed -- no matter what kind of conclusions experts and theoretical thinkers can come up with.
During the last 24 hours Computerworld in Denmark has been a member of a small and very exclusive club.
If the One Laptop Project keeps its promises, the small green US$100 laptop could very well revolutionise teaching in developing nations. Computerworld Denmark asked Jan Soelberg, an expert from the school of education at the University of Aarhus, to...
The OpenOffice.org group updated its open-source suite of desktop applications on Monday, saying that its new release enhances the ability of users to create charts and other graphics from spreadsheet data.
One week after saying it would belatedly join the OpenOffice.org open-source community, IBM on Tuesday released its own version of the group's free desktop applications suite in another bid to upset the dominance of Microsoft Office.
CodeGear is today releasing CodeGear 3rdRail, an IDE for building applications with the popular Ruby on Rails open source Web framework.
Hewlett-Packard's decision last month to sell desktop PCs with Linux installed on them in Australia is giving hope to Linux advocates at the Encompass HP user group that a similar system may be on its way in the US.
Sun Microsystems Wednesday agreed to purchase most of Cluster File Systems' business assets and intellectual property, including the Lustre file system, an open-source software distribution tool.
BEA Systems' planned next-generation application platform, called Project Genesis, will feature an open source component and accommodate scripting languages such as Ruby and Perl, BEA officials said at the BEAWorld San Francisco conference on Tuesday...
Microsoft and Novell on Wednesday swung open the doors on their Windows/Linux interoperability lab and said its initial focus will be around three projects involving virtualization, management and identity federation.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- LinuxWorld: Community roots bolster Linux growth
- Ubuntu: laptop killer
- SourceForge heads from one-stop shop to Mega-market
- Windows to desktop Linux in three easy steps
- Consultant: Microsoft responds to Open Source leadership
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Dell Inspiron 5675 Gaming Desktop review
- Hands On: Our first impressions of Sony's a7R III
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCIntel Active Directory SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTGraduate C# DeveloperNSW
- CCMobile Applications DeveloperQLD
- CCJunior to mid-level - Business Analyst ? AgileNSW
- FTSolutions ArchitectsOther
- CCTraining Consultant/Architect - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior Systems Engineer (WINTEL)ACT
- CCJunior to mid-level - Business Analyst ? AgileVIC
- FTReporting AnalystQLD
- CCMobile Applications DeveloperQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPAzure DevOps ConsultantNSW
- FTC++ Analyst ProgrammerOther
- CCMid - Level SAP Test Analyst (Brisbane)WA
- FTProject Manager (Network & Security)Other
- CC.Net DeveloperWA
- FTSystems Engineer - Identity & AutomationQLD
- FTSenior Digital Producer/Digital Program ManagerOther
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Incident & OperationsOther
- FTSenior Pega DeveloperOther
- CCMobile Applications DevelopersACT
- CCDynamics AX Functional Consultant ? Finance | Supply ChainQLD
- FTSolution ArchitectOther
- FTProgram Director - ieMROther