The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) is protesting a proposal by the US Copyright Office that may temporarily require online forms to be submitted using only Microsoft's Internet Explorer Web browser or Netscape browsers.
LinuxWorld.com.au - News
A fresh security flaw has surfaced in widespread Web service protocol PHP which could allow attackers to take control of vulnerable servers.
IBM is contributing software to the Mozilla Foundation's Firefox Web browser to make it easier for disabled users to access and navigate the Internet.
Plaxo launched a Mozilla Thunderbird-compatible beta version of its e-mail contact management software Tuesday. Plaxo Toolbar for Thunderbird will allow Thunderbird users to update their e-mail contacts and calendars automatically using Plaxo's softw...
The Norwegian hacker who cracked the encryption mechanism used by DVDs has turned his attention to Google's new Video Viewer.
Sun Microsystems is releasing a slate of technologies as part of OpenSolaris, the open source version of the Solaris 10 operating system.
Debian 3.1 has finally arrived after a wait of nearly three years -- to be followed a few hours later by an update fixing a security configuration problem.
Google has launched a site designed to deepen the company's interactions with external software developers by providing Google source code for free, along with discussion forums.
Astaro on Tuesday released an improved version of its Linux-based security package that now includes gateway-based spyware protection against malware and the ability to block and removed infected software already on a system.
If your laptop crashes, what's the best to recover the data on it? Well, one IBM engineer uses his iPod.
The Mozilla Foundation has established Mozilla China, an affiliate and non-profit organization that will help develop and promote open-source Mozilla software in China.
Linux gadget lovers may find a new mobile phone/handheld computer from Remote Office Access Devices (ROAD) intriguing.
Red Hat is bringing Sun Microsystems' Solaris operating system into the Red Hat Network, the company said Tuesday as it launched the latest update to its flagship Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating system at the LinuxWorld Conference & Expo in Boston...
Microsoft by midyear plans to release a test version of a new Internet Explorer (IE) browser that better protects users from scams and malicious code while surfing the Web, the company announced Tuesday.
A U.S. district court judge on Wednesday praised Microsoft for efforts to improve technical documentation for its communications protocols, but questioned the effect in the marketplace of her final judgment in the U.S. government's antitrust case aga...
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Acer Swift 7
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® Portable SSD
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- LinuxWorld: Community roots bolster Linux growth
- Ubuntu: laptop killer
- SourceForge heads from one-stop shop to Mega-market
- Windows to desktop Linux in three easy steps
- Consultant: Microsoft responds to Open Source leadership
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTSenior Project ManagerNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPWintel EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW
- FTSenior Change Analyst/ Change ManagerNSW
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- CCProject MangerWA
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCTraining Content and Delivery SpecialistNSW
- FTAgile Test AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Network Security EngineerACT
- FTHead of Architecture, Global Financial InstitutionNSW
- CCSenior Security AnalystsACT
- TPSenior Communications EngineerWA
- CCSalesforce Functional AnalystNSW
- CCProject Scheduler/CoordinatorVIC
- FTWeb User Interface Developer. Work Location - CanberraNSW
- FTArchitect (Technical)NSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCAutomation Developer - LinuxNSW
- TPSolution Architect - Integration - Bespoke ProjectQLD
- CCICT Strategist and AdvisorNSW
- FTApplication Support Consultant (Oracle SQL, Unix scripting)NSW