Not so long ago, the only way to see whether Linux would run on a particular PC was to install the OS on its hard drive. Times change. Nowadays, many so-called live CD versions of Linux boot and run solely from a CD-ROM. Ubuntu Linux, our 2005 World ...
LinuxWorld.com.au - Tutorials
One of the many neat things about free software is that you get to play with stuff before it's officially done. Matthew Newton sinks his teeth into Sun Microsystems' latest.
Matthew Newton gives his recommendations for those of us who are thinking of taking the Linux plunge, but need a little coaxing.
Our free software guru looks at new software for his desktop - some of which he can run, some of which he can't.
Taking Linux and installing it on an alternative hardware platform may not be easy, but you can learn a lot from the experience.
It may lack an all-in-one solution like Apple's iPhoto, but there are tools that make using a digital camera with Linux easy.
Microsoft Exchange is a standard groupware platform in many corporate environments, but it needn't be limited to just Windows.
Not all digital TV cards are supported by Linux, but the Hauppauge NOVA-T is. What's more, it's the only one to allow digital TV streaming across a network.
Six years ago this month Linux became my primary operating system; it happened almost overnight. The startup company I had been working for imploded. I was at home, working on my resume, when my Windows PC crashed for the umpteenth time. I knew a bit...
NFS (Network File System) is a protocol used by UNIX/Linux computers to share disks across a network. Similar to the Common Internet File Services (CIFS) protocol used by Windows, NFS is older and more light-weight, and performs much more efficiently...
If you use several computers connected on a network, it can become a hassle to keep track of the usernames and passwords you use to access each machine. NIS (Network Information Service) lets you to keep a centralised database of usernames and passwo...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- LinuxWorld: Community roots bolster Linux growth
- Ubuntu: laptop killer
- SourceForge heads from one-stop shop to Mega-market
- Windows to desktop Linux in three easy steps
- Consultant: Microsoft responds to Open Source leadership
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Dell Inspiron 5675 Gaming Desktop review
- Hands On: Our first impressions of Sony's a7R III
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTJunior-Mid Level Java Developer (Brisbane Location)QLD
- CCInfrastructure Specialist - Pharmaceutical IndustryVIC
- FTInsights AnalystOther
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectOther
- FTTechnical Services AdministratorVIC
- TPSecurity AnalystACT
- FTBig Data ArchitectOther
- FTSenior Salesforce DeveloperOther
- FTSAP EMAOther
- FTEcommerce Technical ManagerNSW
- FTService Desk Analyst - L1Other
- FTSnr Information Security Consultant - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCLevel 1 Help DeskNSW
- FTPre-Sales Solution Architect - Global Cloud OrganisationVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst | Gold CoastQLD
- TPFrontend DeveloperNSW
- FTAutomation TesterOther
- TPSenior Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTWeb DesignerOther
- CCSenior Data governance consultantVIC
- FTChange Lead, SalesforceOther
- CCSenior DevOps ManagerVIC
- CCPHP DeveloperQLD
- TPAPS6 Business AnalystACT