Acer wants to bring the wholesale cost of smartphones down so far that mobile network operators can afford to give them away. It aims to release two such phones by October, said Aymar de Lencquesaing, the head of Acer's Smart Handheld Business Group.
Mobile Advisor - News
The DEMO 09 conference launched 39 promising new technologies for consumers and businesses, with each presenter being given a scant six minutes to make their pitch to 500 attendees. Here are highlights from five notable presentations.
After turning heads at CES with its X-Slim laptops Micro-Star International (MSI) is using the Cebit trade show in Hanover, Germany, this week to unveil new versions with a more powerful processor.
The Kindle 2 began shipping Sunday, ahead of schedule, and even before customers received the new e-book reader from Amazon.com, many indicated in forum posts that they were ecstatic about its impending arrival.
Amazon.com on Monday began shipping its Kindle 2 e-book reader a day earlier than originally planned.
Kogan, the Australian company behind the recently delayed Android-based Agora smartphone, plans to release a netbook and is turning to the community for inspiration and advice. In a blog entry on Kogan's Web site, company founder Ruslan Kogan asked f...
The world's largest mobile phone vendor and the biggest cellular chip developer said Tuesday they plan to make 3G (third-generation) mobile devices together for the North American market.
A flock of new mobile devices unveiled this week at Mobile World Congress are part of the trend toward Linux-powered mobility, incorporating the open-source software stack from the LiMo Foundation.
Just as competition is heating up among mobile browsers, Opera may hope to grow its user base through deals with Yahoo and Vodafone.
Mozilla has acknowledged that a "showstopper" bug makes the first preview of its browser for Windows Mobile-powered cell phones "bascially useless" to many users.
Acer has jumped head first into the smartphone market with its Tempo family of devices. They are all touch-enabled and based on Windows Mobile, the company announced on Monday.
How many megapixels can you squeeze into a cell phone? On the eve of the big Mobile World Congress wireless telecom trade show here in Barcelona, Spain, the race is on. At pre-show press conferences, Samsung and Sony Ericsson between them unveiled th...
The Sony Ericsson C903 Cyber-shot camera phone comes with integrated support for YouTube, Flickr and Picasa, and the slider phone also supports faster uploads at speeds up to 2Mbps, Sony Ericsson announced on Tuesday.
High Tech Computer (HTC) unveiled two sleek new smartphones on Monday, and I was able to try one out one, the HTC Touch Pro2, at the company's office.
Chinese telecommunications company Huawei has announced its first Android-powered smartphone at the GSMA Mobile World Congress in Barcelona to be commercially available in the third quarter of 2009.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Europe moves to develop standard mobile phone chargers
- Michael Jackson's death knocks Google & Twitter offline
- Palm CEO: We don't have to beat each other to prosper
- RIM patches BlackBerry PDF vulnerability
- Big Profits from App Store? Maybe Not for Apple
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCMultiple Front End Developers - BRISBANE - Angular 2 | Bootstrap | jQueryVIC
- FTSystems Engineer SCCMACT
- FTLAMP Stack Developer/ PHP DeveloperOther
- FTApplication Service AdministratorNSW
- FTFull Stack .Net DeveloperWA
- TPProject CoordinatorVIC
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperWA
- FTICT System TrainersACT
- FTFixed Broadband SMEOther
- FTBusiness Development Manager - TechnologyACT
- FTProject Officer - Records Management , contract administrationOther
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerQLD
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - RELOCATE TO CANBERRANSW
- FTMid-Level Business AnalystOther
- CCPMO AdministratorVIC
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystSA
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTSoftware EngineerOther
- FTSenior Full Stack Web DeveloperOther
- FTIT Infrastructure EngineerOther
- FTApplication Security ArchitectOther
- CCFront End DeveloperQLD
- FTProject CoordinatorSA
- CCProcess AnalystNSW