At the Consumer Electronics Show this year it's clear that consumers are making choices that are driving industry changes, and nowhere is that more evident than in the digital-music business.
Mobile Advisor - News
A laptop under US$100 could reach desks if a new venture formed by former chief technology officer of One Laptop Per Child, Mary Lou Jepsen, can deliver on its promises.
Apple Wednesday agreed to lower the price of iTunes music downloads it sells in the UK; in return, the European Union's antitrust agency ended its probe into the US company's pricing practices.
Open-source strategies are gathering steam in the mobile computing realm with companies like Wake3 and Funambol leveraging open source to bring iPhone-style browsing and e-mail to devices.
At the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Qualcomm offered a sneak peek of its concept for an ultramobile PC for the largely untapped market where it will meet Intel head on.
The GPS gold rush is in full swing at the 2008 Consumer Electronics Show, with industry veterans introducing increasingly sophisticated navigation systems while newcomers try to get a foot in the door.
Sony extended the functionality of the PSP at this week's Consumer Electronics Show, including Blu-ray to PSP movie transfers, GPS tracking, Skype support, and a 16GB memory stick.
Despite Warner Bros' recent decision to back Blu-ray (and Paramount's rumoured reversal), Microsoft says it is standing by its decision to support HD DVD on Xbox 360.
WiMax high-speed wireless networks and devices will be a major topic of interest at CES, and OQO is demonstrating one the first devices to use the technology this week.
Intel is displaying four new ultramobile PCs designed around its Menlow chips at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), including highly anticipated devices from Lenovo and Toshiba.
Fujitsu showed off two new laptops that it claims are the first to include built-in wireless HSUPA access at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
For several years people have been talking about the idea of miniaturizing a projector so that it's small enough to fit inside a mobile phone or digital camera. Now it's finally been done, and 3M is demonstrating a prototype of such a device at this ...
Advanced Micro Devices announced at the International Consumer Electronics Show Monday that its new laptop processor platform, codenamed Puma, will ship in the second quarter of this year.
Stereo speaker maker Blaupunkt is showing off portable speakers that can also double as a powered subwoofer for a car stereo system at the International Consumer Electronics Show.
But Android faces big problems, tight deadline, says report.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Europe moves to develop standard mobile phone chargers
- Michael Jackson's death knocks Google & Twitter offline
- Palm CEO: We don't have to beat each other to prosper
- RIM patches BlackBerry PDF vulnerability
- Big Profits from App Store? Maybe Not for Apple
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Contracts Administrator- Construction BackgroundOther
- CCCloud Orchestration SpecialistNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerOther
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskOther
- FTIT Infrastructure EngineerOther
- FTSEO ExecutiveOther
- CCReporting Data Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCSecurity Incident Analyst - Splunk - TelcoVIC
- TPDemand Analysis ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Systems Engineer - Veeam / Shadow ProtectOther
- FT.Net DeveloperACT
- CCSecurity TesterNSW
- FTUser Experience Researcher - UX, UI, UCDOther
- CCCommercial & Public Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- FTSoftware Asset Management Co-ordinatorOther
- FTSolution Architect - DatacentreVIC
- CCICT Training ManagerNSW
- FTSecurity Engineer (IPS & Firewall exp essential) - Perm - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- CCJava DeveloperQLD
- TPSenior Project ManagerQLD
- FTManager - Program Management Office (PMO)Other
- FTWintel EngineerSA
- FTSecurity Service Desk Operative - TelecommunicationsOther
- FTSales / Account ManagerOther