Palm confirmed late today that Pre owners can no longer use Apple's iTunes to sync their smartphones to Macs or PCs.
Phones & PDAs
The iPhone 3GS has been an undeniable marketplace hit since its release on June 19, and will likely continue to soar in sales despite three customer complaints that have surfaced recently. The big three gripes: the iPhone 3GS battery life is dismal, the 3GS overheats, and there's a serious SMS vulnerability.
iPhone and iPod Touch owners in the U.K. will be able to use their devices to buy and pay for goods using a new application from MoBank.
Some Palm Pre owners are complaining about poor hardware quality of the phones, with at least one person saying that he's already had to return four devices.
Wouldn't it be nice if all our mobile gadgets connected to one universal charger? According to the vice president of the European Commission, Gunter Verheugen, it's not only possible, it's already on the drawing board.Steps are being taken to standardize mobile-phone chargers, though a universal charger for all mobile devices will take longer.
Palm's new CEO on Thursday said he thinks the smartphone market is growing fast enough that multiple handset makers can thrive, and he also hinted at updates to come for the new Pre phones.
Tomorrow marks the 35th anniversary of the first time a laser scanner was used to "read" a bar code, according to Motorola Inc.
Intel and handset maker Nokia are teaming to develop new mobile computing device and chipset architectures, the companies said Tuesday.
Research in Motion on Thursday saw a rare drop in subscriber growth when it reported its fiscal first quarter results, while shipment growth of its popular BlackBerry handsets apparently stalled.
The iPhone's magic is still there: The crowds turned out to see -- and buy -- Apple's iPhone 3G S early Friday morning as it launched around the world.
Samsung Electronics gave the world a first look at its upcoming Galaxy handset, which runs Google's Android operating system, at the CommunicAsia exhibition in Singapore, where I had a chance to try it out.
Nokia has announced the Nokia 5530 XpressMusic, a cheaper version of its successful touch phone, the 5800 XpressMusic, it said on Monday.
Apple's latest update breathes new life into the iPhone, with a host of nifty features. Here is a look at some of the most important.
The Computex Taipei 2009 electronics show ended Saturday after a week-long display of new gadgets, including netbooks, ultra thin laptops made with new Intel chips and several surprises surrounding Google's Android mobile phone operating system.
Early reviewers have dubbed the Palm Pre a strong competitor to the iPhone, with some notable problems, including short battery life and too few applications to run on the device.
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Acer Swift 7
Google Daydream VR headset
Surface Pro 4
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Palm confirms that iTunes update kills Pre sync
- MoBank app takes shopping to the iPhone in the UK
- Users complain about poor Pre hardware
- Europe moves to develop standard mobile phone chargers
- Palm CEO: We don't have to beat each other to prosper
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- LG 2017 OLED and Super LED UHD 4K TVs: Hands-on review
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTApplication Security SpecialistVIC
- CCApplication Support Specialist- Bathurst or Port MacquarieNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)VIC
- FTPeoplesoft Functional Consultant - Campus SolutionsNSW
- FT.Net Solutions DeveloperSA
- TPSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- TPSAP Data Migration LeadQLD
- FTService Desk ConsultantACT
- CCIT Project Scheduler- Port MacquarieQLD
- CCDevelopment Lead - Java - TelcoVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst (BPMN or UML & Agile)QLD
- CCVirtualisation Engineer - IP NetworksVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer - Cisco VoiceWA
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness Development Manager -Wealth/Funds Management SoftwareVIC
- FTWeb DeveloperVIC
- FTJunior Applications SupportACT
- CCFrom Security Operations to Technical Business Analyst, make the move now!NSW
- CCLightweight Directory Access Procol (LDAP) DeveloperNSW
- FTMid-Level Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)VIC
- CCIT Business Analyst - UX DesignNSW
- FTTest LeadNSW
- FTService Desk Analyst (Level 1 Support)NSW
- CCSalesforce Functional AnalystNSW