Palm confirmed late today that Pre owners can no longer use Apple's iTunes to sync their smartphones to Macs or PCs.
Phones & PDAs
The iPhone 3GS has been an undeniable marketplace hit since its release on June 19, and will likely continue to soar in sales despite three customer complaints that have surfaced recently. The big three gripes: the iPhone 3GS battery life is dismal, the 3GS overheats, and there's a serious SMS vulnerability.
iPhone and iPod Touch owners in the U.K. will be able to use their devices to buy and pay for goods using a new application from MoBank.
Some Palm Pre owners are complaining about poor hardware quality of the phones, with at least one person saying that he's already had to return four devices.
Wouldn't it be nice if all our mobile gadgets connected to one universal charger? According to the vice president of the European Commission, Gunter Verheugen, it's not only possible, it's already on the drawing board.Steps are being taken to standardize mobile-phone chargers, though a universal charger for all mobile devices will take longer.
Palm's new CEO on Thursday said he thinks the smartphone market is growing fast enough that multiple handset makers can thrive, and he also hinted at updates to come for the new Pre phones.
Tomorrow marks the 35th anniversary of the first time a laser scanner was used to "read" a bar code, according to Motorola Inc.
Intel and handset maker Nokia are teaming to develop new mobile computing device and chipset architectures, the companies said Tuesday.
Research in Motion on Thursday saw a rare drop in subscriber growth when it reported its fiscal first quarter results, while shipment growth of its popular BlackBerry handsets apparently stalled.
The iPhone's magic is still there: The crowds turned out to see -- and buy -- Apple's iPhone 3G S early Friday morning as it launched around the world.
Samsung Electronics gave the world a first look at its upcoming Galaxy handset, which runs Google's Android operating system, at the CommunicAsia exhibition in Singapore, where I had a chance to try it out.
Nokia has announced the Nokia 5530 XpressMusic, a cheaper version of its successful touch phone, the 5800 XpressMusic, it said on Monday.
Apple's latest update breathes new life into the iPhone, with a host of nifty features. Here is a look at some of the most important.
The Computex Taipei 2009 electronics show ended Saturday after a week-long display of new gadgets, including netbooks, ultra thin laptops made with new Intel chips and several surprises surrounding Google's Android mobile phone operating system.
Early reviewers have dubbed the Palm Pre a strong competitor to the iPhone, with some notable problems, including short battery life and too few applications to run on the device.
Work / Life balance, Windows 10 allows you to get the best of both worlds.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Palm confirms that iTunes update kills Pre sync
- MoBank app takes shopping to the iPhone in the UK
- Users complain about poor Pre hardware
- Europe moves to develop standard mobile phone chargers
- Palm CEO: We don't have to beat each other to prosper
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTDigital Business Analyst | Online BookingQLD
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- FTPHP Full Stack DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTProject Engineer - Newcastle BasedNSW
- CCSoftware ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- FTSAP DevelopersSA
- FTSharepoint Support AnalystVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSecurity ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Full-Stack Developer (Digital Transformation Project)QLD
- CCTechnical Requirements Architect - NV1ACT
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieQLD
- TPProject Manager | HealthQLD
- FTInformation Security ManagerACT
- FTProject Manager - Knowledge Management implementationVIC
- FTIntegration DeveloperWA
- CCSoftware Licencing SpecialistNSW
- FTWindows Dev Ops EngineerNSW
- FTChief Security OfficerNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- TPSystems EngineerQLD