VR is no gimmick and it’s thriving among early adopters: both in the world of powerful computers with the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive and also in the phone-based space where almost any modern phone is a potential VR gateway.
Optus has launched its new mobile payment facility, Cash by Optus, whereby customers with compatible smartphones can make contactless purchases under $100.
Selfie sticks undoubtedly get you a great selfie angle. But which stick is for you?
You'll be shocked, but inside it's mostly battery.
The $229 Bluetooth speaker goes on sale in November with better sound and a Lightning charger.
Portable keyboards for mobile devices tend to come in either rigid and foldable or rubbery and rollup forms. LG Electronics is launching one that's a bit of both.
Imation's Link Power Drive serves double duty as an external, on-the-go storage device and portable battery charger for an iPhone. It comes in useful when you want to carry extra music and video files with you, which you can then play directly off the drive; at the flick of a switch, you can then use the drive to charge the iPhone's battery.
Mophie's Juice Pack Plus case for the iPhone 6 makes the phone bigger and heavier, but it provides the thing we all crave most: extra battery life. Using the Mophie case, you can run the iPhone 6 for over twice as long as you're used to before having to plug it back in and recharge.
Sony is one of a few companies with an ecosystem rich in entertainment gear. Now the company has partnered with Telstra to release the wearable SmartBand SWR10.
Simple music, that’s what Sony’s SRS-X5 is about. The speaker uses Bluetooth technology for the wireless playback of music, while NFC technology enables pairing with the tap of a smartphone or tablet.
Renditions of ‘smart’ watches from Samsung and Sony are best qualified as gimmicks because they don’t satisfy a clear need. Commendation deserves to be dished out for the sheer variety of features these things have. But for all their bells and whistles, I have never looked at my wrist and thought to myself “I wish i was wearing a computer”.
Just when you thought the portable Bluetooth speaker market was brimming with a range of fantastic products, Braven weighs in with an entrant so well equipped, it could shake things up.
The NX-P100 is Yamaha's contribution to the Bluetooth speaker market. Packed into a tiny enclosure is a variety of audio and connectivity features, but is it good enough to warrant a $199 price?
UE's Mini Boom produces voluminous sound from a good looking, highly functional and portable body. Two speakers can be paired to form a modular stereo image, and the inclusion of NFC takes the fuss out of Bluetooth pairing.
Sennheiser has partnered with DJs including Bob Sinclair to develop its new range of DJ headphones. The new headphones have been designed with one-ear monitoring in mind and feature elliptical cups for improved comfort.
The MSI PC World and Good Gear Guide Giveaway has launched and you have the chance to win one of 10 prize packs.
The total prize pack is valued at AU$150.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Optus moves into wearables space with Cash by Optus
- iFixit tears down Apple's Smart Battery Case
- Meet Beats Pill+, the first Beats speaker made under Apple
- LG rolls out rollable keyboard without the rubbery feel
- Telstra adds Sony wearable to its range of contract products
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSales Lead / Sales Executive - Enterprise IT Healthcare Perm - North RydeNSW
- CCChange AnalystQLD
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerQLD
- TPSecurity Controls Specialist - ISO 27002VIC
- CCSolution Architect - Audio Visual/Video DomainVIC
- CCService Delivery Analyst -Port MacquarieNSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystSA
- FTMobile Studio Manager/ Mobile UX Manager - GAME CHANGER!NSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaACT
- FTHealthcare Application Integration SupportQLD
- CCSAP ISU Device Management ConsultantVIC
- FTProduct Manager (IT Clinical Systems) - Permanent - Syd, Melb or BrisbNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - Life InsuranceNSW
- FTSenior Infrastructure Business AnalystVIC
- CCAutomation DeveloperNSW
- FTICT Relationship Manager - Service Delivery EnvironmentNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- FTService Desk OperatorsSA
- FTSenior Data Warehouse ConsultantNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- CCAMI ArchitectWA
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical LeadVIC