Google has provided a sneak peek at Project Treble, a major new Android O feature that aims to make it easier for manufacturers to deliver updates to their phones.
Smartphones - News
Intel has told a court that MGT Capital Investments has gone ahead with the announcement of the “John McAfee Privacy Phone,” even though the company that proposes to change its name to “John McAfee Global Technologies” has previously said that it did...
Can the Galaxy S8's improved camera knock the LG G6 off its throne?
Low-cost smartphones like the Moto G5 introduced a few months ago are now shipping with Qualcomm chips that will soon be outdated.
If you hate waiting for your smartphone to charge up, relief is coming soon. After some hiccups, Qualcomm's superfast charging technology, called Quick Charge 4, will be in smartphones around the middle of this year.
Apple could cut the capacity of DRAM in its upcoming anniversary iPhones with the rising prices of storage and memory components hitting its profit margins.
The U.S. National Security Agency is now suggesting government departments and businesses should buy smartphones secured using virtualization, a technology it currently requires only on tablets and laptops
Microsoft's device businesses took a hit this quarter, as Microsoft admitted during an earnings call that Surface sales were lower than expected and sales of its branded Windows phones would essentially end by June.
The effort to grow in the virtual reality market has Acer chasing weird, but rather interesting, devices.
On the shelves of a laboratory near San Francisco sit tanks and tanks of mysterious looking liquids. It's the Silicon Valley offices of UL, a product testing organisation previously known as Underwriters Laboratory, and these liquids play an importan...
Reliable analyst Ming-Chi Kuo reports that the Note8 will sport a 6.4-inch screen and the dual camera system we were hoping the S8 would have.
Xiaomi has taken the wraps off its newest flagship, the 5.15-inch Mi6, bringing a Snapdragon 835 chip, 12MP dual camera, and big battery without breaking the bank.
The Galaxy S8+ is Samsung's first major phone release since the Note7 debacle, but does it live up to the hype?
When our Galaxy S8+ arrived we were too excited not to share it with you.
Despite a few annoyances, Samsung's DeX dock for the Galaxy S8 and S8+ provides a remarkably PC-like experience, and might compel you to leave your laptop at home.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google wants to solve the Android update problem once and for all with Project Treble
- Intel concerned about name of John McAfee’s privacy phone
- Low-cost Android phones to get iPhone features with new Qualcomm chips
- Qualcomm's Quick Charge 4 is coming in phones midyear
- Apple's next iPhones may cut corners on memory due to price squeeze
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSales Lead - Healthcare systemsVIC
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- FTApplication Support EngineerACT
- FTGraduate Technical ConsultantACT
- CCManaging Architect - Satellite - TelcoVIC
- CCApplication PackagerSA
- FTSecurity AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - WintelNSW
- FTManual TesterACT
- FTProject Coordinator - Digital Applications (IT)NSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistQLD
- FTNetwork AdministratorQLD
- CCProgram SupportVIC
- CCSenior Solution AnalystVIC
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerWA
- TPInfrastructure Project ManagerQLD
- FTPHP DeveloperWA
- CCJava Developer - IntergrationQLD
- CCScada Project ManagerWA
- CCGraduate DeveloperQLD
- CCSupport Contract Officer - NV2ACT
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD