The other night, I was using the Netflix app on my iPhone 4 and had a shocking revelation: this is one of the worst designed, "professional" apps I've ever seen. Yes, I can stream video over 3G. I can search for movies and manage my queue. In most ar...
Smartphones - News
As the first U.S. Windows Phone 7 handsets go on sale Monday, Nov. 8, Microsoft shrewdly has created an application environment that will make the phones instantly useable for many of the e-mail, social networking, photo, video and work tasks people ...
As expected, Windows Phone 7 doesn't have a lot of apps at launch, but new data suggests the count is growing quickly.
Many businesses will not be able to support Microsoft's Windows Phone 7 operating system, which began shipping in the U.S. today. Like the competing Google Android, Windows Phone 7 does not support on-device encryption to protect data stored on it. M...
As of today, the first of the Windows Phone 7 smartphones are available from T-Mobile and AT&T. The launch of Windows Phone 7 is the result of a complete reboot of Microsoft's mobile OS and kicks off its attempt to regain relevance in the very co...
We've selected the most informative apps for [[xref:http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/reviews/index.cfm?ReviewID=104784|Google Android|Google Android review - PC Advisor]], [[xref:http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/blackberry/|BlackBerry|PC Advisor]] and [[xref:htt...
It's easy to forget that not so long ago, no one was sure if Android would ever be relevant.
Nokia is taking over the development of the Symbian smartphone OS, and is still committed to the platform, the company said on Monday.
Evernote, the application that allows users to capture almost any digital information and access it from any of their devices, will launch a new version of its app for Android phones on Monday.
The latest Firefox 4 Mobile beta for Android and Maemo promises more speed and a fresher look, but it's still not ready to replace the default browser.
Google recently launched a beta version of Instant, the company's search solution that displays results as you type, for Android and Apple iOS 4 mobile devices. For now, the beta test is available only to users in the U.S. and you can access it only...
Dell dumped RIM's BlackBerry as its business smartphone and announced that it would be supplying 25,000 of its employees with the Windows 7-powered Dell Venue Pro. The move is yet more gloom for RIM that has already been having a stinker of a bad yea...
Mozilla has released an faster, smaller beta version of its Firefox 4 browser for Android-based smartphones with an improved user interface, according to a Thursday blog post.
Dell is moving its 25,000 employees from BlackBerrys to its own Windows Phone 7-based smartphone as the company prepares to offer a service that enables customers to make the same switch, Dell confirmed Friday.
A new PDA (personal digital assistant) has hit stores in North Korea, according to a student who writes a blog from the secretive state.
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Google Daydream VR headset
Acer Swift 7
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® Portable SSD
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung unveils Bixby voice assistant for upcoming Galaxy S8
- BlackBerry readies a more secure version of the Samsung Galaxy S7
- Android device updates: Nougat rollout begins for the Moto Z Play
- ZTE pays US$892M settlement to US over illegal sales to Iran
- Google Assistant learns how to read texts as its prime-time rollout continues
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTProject Co-OrdinaterNSW
- FTTest LeadNSW
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- FTLevel 2 Technical Support OfficerQLD
- FTProject Coordinator/AdministratorNSW
- FTJunior / Entry Level IT roleNSW
- TPSoftware EngineerWA
- FTSeeking all Java Developers!VIC
- FTService Desk Operations AnalystNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- FTWeb Support LeadQLD
- FTJunior Applications SupportNSW
- FTData and Insights AnalystNSW
- FTSAP Data Migration SpecialistACT
- FTAutomation TesterQLD
- FTTechnical Data Business AnalystNSW
- FTInfrastructure EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - SalesforceNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst (BI / Analytics)NSW
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer (Mid level) - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- TPEngineer Desktop DevelopmentVIC
- FTDatabase DeveloperSA
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | Office 365QLD