Just days after making its updated version of App World available to all, Research In Motion acquired Cellmania, a company that offers back-end infrastructure for application stores.
Smartphones - News
Huawei Technologies plans to launch the U8150, which is based on Android version 2.2, at the Internationale Funkaustellung (IFA) consumer electronics show, the company said via e-mail.
Dell on Tuesday dived into the highly competitive smartphone market, releasing the Aero in the U.S.
A proposal by the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) to require all mobile devices sold in the U.S. to include FM radio chips is meeting growing opposition from IT and mobile trade groups.
The Windows Phone Developer Tools have been downloaded more than 300,000 times, Microsoft said, as the company prepares to offer a new application store and mobile operating system.
As smartphones and tablet computers infiltrate medical operations, doctors are finding new applications to provide shortcuts for their busy work days. That includes a new voice-enabled medical search app for the iPhone announced by Nuance Communicati...
Nokia has signed an agreement to acquire Motally, a privately owned U.S. company that has specialized in tracking and reporting usage statistics on mobile websites and applications, it said on Friday.
Smartphones and modems are about to get faster mobile broadband connections -- 14.4M bps (bits per second) and 42M bps, repectively -- using HSPA+ (High Speed Packet Access).
Sure, if someone steals your iPhone, you might be able to remotely wipe it in order to protect sensitive data. But what about catching the thief? An Apple patent application, filed earlier this year but posted online Thursday, describes sophisticated...
Nokia's Messaging for Social Networks will never make it out of the beta stage. On Friday, Nokia said it is discontinuing the application and instead will use what it has learned in the upcoming N8 smartphone.
Images posted at Chinese site Tieba.baidu.com allegedly Nokia's latest N9 smartphone -- and, Gizmodo notes, it looks like a slimmed down MacBook Pro!
BlackBerry users may find it easier to buy applications now that App World 2.0 is broadly available.
Flipboard broke new ground when it launched its flashy iPad app last month that "socialized" the news by turning feeds from Facebook, Twitter, and such into a slick electronic magazine. Now Blancspot Media is promising to bring the pizzazz of social ...
Australian mobile app developer mogeneration believes that although classification for mobile phone apps is "necessary", the measures currently in place are suitable for now.
Android has taken the mobile world by storm, so it's no surprise that Google's foray into the smartphone market would become the subject of numerous books written to explain the technology.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei go big on AI, announce Mate 10 + Mate 10 Pro
- Huawei's flagship tech trickles down to mid-tier with new Nova 2i smartphone
- Incipio Adds Pixel 2 Cases To Roster
- Survey: 20% of Aussie Apple users wouldn't switch to Android for a million dollars
- Tech21 Announces New Phone Protection For Google Pixel 2 and Google Pixel 2 XL
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCService Desk AnalystACT
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCLead Pega Systems ArchitectACT
- TPSenior Project Manager (CRIM)VIC
- FTAnalyst ProgrammerOther
- CCMySQL Database AdministratorQLD
- FTReporting AnalystQLD
- TPAngular DeveloperNSW
- FTPMO ManagerOther
- TPProject OfficerQLD
- FTService Desk Technical LeadOther
- FTCustomer Marketing ExecutiveOther
- FTRadio Communications Field TechnicianOther
- TPSenior Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- TPSoftware EngineerWA
- CCSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- FTDevOps ConsultantVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperOther
- CCBusiness Analyst - Multiple RolesACT
- CCOracle Identity & Access Management AdministratorNSW
- CCData ArchitectNSW
- FTPractice Manager - SecurityVIC
- TPProject ManagerNSW