Consumer Reports magazine said on Wednesday that Apple iPhone 4 owners can eliminate reception problems by enclosing their phones in the "Bumper" case Apple sells.
Smartphones - News
Today, Apple began seeding an iOS 4.1 pre-release to developers. As per usual, the beta requires an iPhone Developer account and an Intel Mac running the latest OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.4. Included is Xcode 3.2.4, which mainly brings support for iOS 4....
With iPhone 4 sales in the millions and Motorola's Droid X launch looming, Research in Motion's BlackBerry 6 preview smacks of desperation.
Apple has bought Poly9, a Quebec-based online mapping company, and has relocated most of the firm's employees to Apple's Silicon Valley offices, according to a report by French-Canadian news site Cyberpresse. PCWorld was unable to reach either Apple ...
A top Microsoft executive today compared Apple's iPhone 4 to his own company's problem-plagued Vista operating system.
Pixel Qi is trying to meet the growing demand for its innovative 3Qi displays, and has resumed shipment after a rash of orders for the low-power screens, the company said on Wednesday.
More consumers will be buying a smartphone in the next three months than ever before. And the big winner, by a big margin, is the super-achieving Apple iPhone.
As a chorus of pitchfork wielding iPhone 4 customers are demanding Apple admit to antenna problems, a less vocal minority are defending Apple. A cadre of noted analysts and influential bloggers are taking Apple's side in the antenna debacle.
Pardon the produce-heavy language, but Apple is in one serious pickle.
Microsoft will release its first full-featured Bing search client for Android in the next six weeks, matching the search capabilities that Microsoft offers for the iPhone, company executives said Tuesday.
Facebook has about 150 million mobile users, up from just 100 million in April, and is counting on cell phones as the key platform for the future, according to the social-networking giant's head of mobile products, Eric Tseng.
Making a critical move in mobile application development, Microsoft on Monday shipped a beta version of its Windows&nbsp; Phone 7 Developer Tools, but early reaction from some developers was tepid.
Hoping to make the most of a dispute between Google and Apple, Jumptap is offering developers who sign onto its mobile ad network the chance to collect 100 percent of their advertising revenue for a limited time.
Taiwanese chipset developer MediaTek will start rolling out low-cost chipsets designed for handsets that use Google's Android mobile software in the third quarter of this year, promising to drive down the cost of such handsets in China.
Verizon Wireless on Thursday will start selling Motorola's highly anticipated smartphone, the Droid X, a faster and multimedia-savvy successor to the original Droid that was introduced in October last year.
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Acer Swift 7
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
HP Pavilion x360 13”
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Surface Pro 4
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung unveils Bixby voice assistant for upcoming Galaxy S8
- BlackBerry readies a more secure version of the Samsung Galaxy S7
- Android device updates: Nougat rollout begins for the Moto Z Play
- ZTE pays US$892M settlement to US over illegal sales to Iran
- Google Assistant learns how to read texts as its prime-time rollout continues
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCProduct Design AnalystNSW
- CCProject AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Forecasting SASNSW
- FTLead Change Manager- Culture & Process ChangeNSW
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- FTEnterprise ArchitectQLD
- FTJunior Applications SupportQLD
- FTSenior Oracle DeveloperVIC
- FTHR Application Architect - WorkdayVIC
- FTPHP DeveloperNSW
- FTArcFM DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst - SalesforceNSW
- FTService Desk CoordinatorVIC
- CCOracle WebLogic AdministratorNSW
- CCVMWare Automation ArchitectACT
- CCMigration EngineerACT
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- CCInfosphere ConsultantACT
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- FT.Net Developer - Mid-levelNSW
- FTBillings Integration ArchitectVIC
- CCMEAN Stack Developer - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTData Analyst LeadSA