The Wall Street Journal reports as fact, not as "according to sources," that Microsoft has a multimedia touchscreen phone code named Pink. Microsoft and Verizon, the Journal says, plan to launch the phone and an app store early next year specifically...
Smartphones - News
Acer is already working on several different devices using Google's Android operating system and software, and plans to launch a smartphone using the software later this year.
Is it really a surprise that, right after the rumors of AT&T and Verizon pairing off start hitting the news (again), suddenly Microsoft enters the picture? Out of the blue comes news of "Pink" a supposed Microsoft Zune-phone to be sold by Verizon. Th...
Although the newly released Google Android 1.5 software development kit offers such features as speech recognition, developers must be aware of backward compatibility issues on older devices, according to the Google Android blog.
Microsoft has high hopes that a new speech-recognition application for the forthcoming Windows Mobile operating system will be attractive enough to draw people to the phone platform.
If one thing is clear from a flurry of recent new reports on Verizon Wireless, it is that the wireless carrier really wants its own iPhone device to compete with AT&T Inc.'s exclusive hold on the highly successful smartphone.
Nokia will layoff 450 employees as the Finnish phone giant refocuses its services to take better advantage of third-party developers, it announced on Tuesday.
Taiwanese mobile phone service provider Far EasTone is working with a "leading" local handset maker to develop two new smartphones that use Google's Android software.
The Sarah Jane Brain Foundation has vowed to keep demonstrating against Apple Inc. over the Baby Shaker application that appeared for two days on the company's App Store last week, adding iPhone carrier AT&T Inc. to its scorn.
Verizon is redoubling its efforts to persuade Apple to bring the iPhone its Verizon Wireless network. The iPhone could become available to Verizon customers as early as 2010, according to reports from USA Today. The move would put an end to AT&T'...
Samsung Electronics became the first major mobile phone maker to launch a smartphone based on Google's Android software.
The Android 1.5 Software Developer's Kit (SDK) was released Monday as expected, offering developers the means to write programs for the Android update coming as early as May in some locations.
Tech blogs and iPhone fan sites continue to buzz with rumors and speculation about Apple's upcoming iPhone 3.0 software and new iPhone model or two that may or may not ship this summer. So why not add a few "leaked" screenshots to the mix?
Apple has apologised for approving an 'offensive' App Store application called 'Baby Shaker'.
RIM, makers of the BlackBerry handset, and mobile operator T-Mobile have teamed up to offer UK consumers the option of smartphone ownership for a one-off fee of £179.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Fake heads and robot probes: testing smartphones prior to launch
- Rumor suggests the Note8 will be a bigger S8+ that adds a missing feature
- Xiaomi's Mi6 has the Galaxy S7’s looks, the S8’s power, and iPhone 7’s camera for half the price
- Samsung DeX turns your Galaxy S8 into a shockingly good desktop PC
- Find My iPhone helps nab a thief at Coachella with 100 phones in his backpack
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTProduct Manager (IT Clinical Systems) - Permanent - Syd, Melb or BrisbNSW
- FTTechnical Lead - FrontendNSW
- FTUI/UX DesignerSA
- FTSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTProject Manager- RiskSA
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project OfficerNSW
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer (Mid level) - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTSystem Analyst - IntegrationQLD
- FTRisk and Quality ManagerNSW
- CCIT Information ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Network Security EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Requirements Architect - NV1ACT
- FTWindows Server Engineer MCSE, SCCM, SCOM, PowershellNSW
- FTDrupal DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems EngineerVIC
- TPSecurity Controls Specialist - ISO 27002VIC
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- FTAsst. Director - Claim Analysis. Work Location - CanberraNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- FTTest AnalystNSW
- FTRisk and Quality ManagerNSW
- FTDeveloper - Python, Ruby, or PerlQLD
- FTICT Sales Account ManagerQLD