Keeping mobile phones and other portable electronics charged is a hassle if you make frequent business trips or work in multiple locations. Inevitably, your smartphone's battery dies far from a power source just when you need to make a crucial call o...
Smartphones - News
Sydney's central business district exploded with Australians trying to buy an iPhone last night. Some of the most spectacular photos we've seen came from professional photographer Mark Matthews. Mark has graciously given us permission to publish the ...
Apple has confirmed Australian iPhone 4 buyers will receive a free case until 30 September.
In perhaps what was one of the unluckiest moves of his career as a petty thief, Horatio Toure stole an iPhone on Monday afternoon. The irony? The iPhone Toure stole was being used to demonstrate a program that tracks GPS location in real-time--it too...
Now that Apple has pacified iPhone 4 customers with free bumper cases to alleviate antenna issues, the company is looking into problems with iOS 4 and the iPhone 3G.
In this video filmed before the launch of the iPhone 4 in Sydney last night, Telstra's group manager of corporate affairs Peter Taylor discusses what the handset means to Telstra, and what the big T has in store for customers at its midnight launch l...
Apple's iPhone 4 arrived in style overnight, and VHA's Sydney customers were treated to a swanky party at The Ivy.
In this video provided by Vodafone, the telco takes us on a tour through its iPhone 4 launch in Sydney last night — including its party for customers at the famous Ivy bar in the Sydney central business district. There are Vodafone dancing girls, ban...
Once thought to be unhackable, the Android phone is anything but, according to researchers presenting at Black Hat 2010.
This morning Telstra revealed it would upgrade the amount of data available to consumers purchasing one of several next-generation handsets on post-paid plans on the Next G network. The handsets include the iPhone 4 and 3GS, the HTC Desire and the No...
Scant hours before Apple's latest hyped handset is slated to go on sale at midnight tonight in Australia, Optus subsidiary Virgin Mobile has released its pricing for the device.
On the eve on the Apple iPhone4 launch in Australia, we round up all the events planned for midnight tonight around Sydney by the big three telco providers -- with events ranging from the left field to the glamorous.
South Korea's LG Electronics will launch its first smartphone designed around Microsoft's Windows Phone 7 software by the end of September and will follow with more by the end of the year, a company representative said Wednesday.
Shortages of Android-based HTC Evo and HTC Droid Incredible smartphones were expected to spur sales of the Motorola Droid X, which first went on sale July 15.
Mobile telco VHA has released its iPhone 4 pricing for its Vodafone and 3 brands. The news follows a raft of similar announcements on how and at what price Apple’s latest handset will launch in Australia late on Thursday night.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Fake heads and robot probes: testing smartphones prior to launch
- Rumor suggests the Note8 will be a bigger S8+ that adds a missing feature
- Xiaomi's Mi6 has the Galaxy S7’s looks, the S8’s power, and iPhone 7’s camera for half the price
- Samsung DeX turns your Galaxy S8 into a shockingly good desktop PC
- Find My iPhone helps nab a thief at Coachella with 100 phones in his backpack
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPProject/Deployment ManagerQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst | DETQLD
- FTTester AnalystACT
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystQLD
- FTService Delivery AnalystNSW
- FTSecurity Solutions Manager - Perth BasedNSW
- TPBI & Report Developer (SQL Developer)QLD
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- TPReports Developer SSRS / SSISVIC
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- TPIT Service ManagerNSW
- CCGIS DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- CCJava Developer IntegrationQLD
- FTField Engineer - Hardware RolloutsNSW
- TPSenior Project Officer HSQQLD
- FTPMO CoordinatorQLD
- FTLooking for Information Security professional @ CanberraNSW
- FTSharepoint Support AnalystVIC
- CCTest Analyst - Infrastructure - NV1 ClearanceACT
- FTSenior Sales Operations AnalystNSW
- CCSenior System AdministratorQLD
- TPSenior Full-Stack DeveloperSA
- CCCitrix SpecialistACT
- CCSolution DesignerVIC