Replacement Galaxy Note7 smartphones are safe, Samsung said in attempting to reassure customers this week after reports that consumers in South Korea, China and the U.S. said the replacement devices were running too hot.
Smartphones - News
Samsung says the replacement phones, part of 1 million shipped now in use, are safe and not prone to catching fire.
BlackBerry will stop making hardware to focus on software, but that doesn't mean the iconic phones are done for—yet.
Expect to pay more than you usually would for a Nexus, with the cheaper option of the pair to cost $649.
At the 12-day mark, iOS 10 accounted for 41.9% of all iOS editions detected by Mixpanel, significantly lower than the 52.4% accumulated by iOS 9 last year at the same post-release point.
After all the Apple-centric news of late , it's time to get gander at the gadget guy's latest goodies in time to prep for the holiday shopping season.
First there was Google Now. Next, Google's new Allo app includes Google Assistant, a capable digital personality that is eager to assist.
Apple’s jack-less iPhone 7 may help boost sales of Beats, the world's biggest wireless headphone company. But is that the only strategy?
Both phones bring feature an Art Deco design with a lot of emphasis on camera quality and audio features.
Sleepless nights, fickle decision making, and other intangibles may have sown the seeds for an unprecedented consumer crisis.
The iPhone 7 still has an LCD display, but it's better than most of the competition by far.
Once you upgrade to iOS 10, take some time to peruse the Settings app to tweak your device to your liking.
iFixit's iPhone 7 Plus teardown reveals Apple put the extra space from the missing headphone jack to good use.
Preliminary data from U.S. sales of Apple's newest iPhones suggested that the larger 7 Plus was outselling the smaller 7, which would be a first, a market research firm said.
A top Samsung official issued an unusual video apology over Galaxy Note7 battery-related defects linked to fires and assured owners that replacement Note7 units are safe.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google WiFi review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Sony Xperia XZ Premium phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Pixel 2: Everything we know about Google’s next flagship phone
- OnePlus 5 rumors: Everything we know about the upcoming budget flagship
- Google makes the best Android apps easier to find with Android Excellence
- Motorola's Z2 Play comes with a smaller battery, a higher price tag, and new Moto Mods
- Sony outs launch details for its Xperia XZ Premium flagship and futuristic Touch projector
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- Google WiFi review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSAP Payroll SMEOther
- FTFinance Manager / Finance Lead - CPA qualifiedOther
- CCSenior Automation Test Analyst - BrisbaneVIC
- FTSenior Systems AdministratorOther
- FTClient Delivery DirectorACT
- FTSenior Microsoft SQL Designer/ArchitectOther
- CCProject Coordinator - TelcoVIC
- FTCommunications & Change AnalystOther
- FTSecurity Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystOther
- FTInformation Security ArchitectOther
- FTTechnical Director/Principal - Digital SolutionsOther
- FTICT System TrainersACT
- CCAgile Project Manager/ SCRUM MasterVIC
- FTSales / Account ManagerOther
- FTBusiness Development Manager - Innovative Software companyNSW
- CCSenior Change AnalystVIC
- FTSolution LeadWA
- FTDelivery HeadWA
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness analystOther
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTData EngineerOther
- TPBI ConsultantNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW