Google is unveiling on Monday an upgrade to its mobile platform, Android 2.3, which features refinements to the UI as well as capabilities for rich multimedia, mobile payments, and faster text input.
Smartphones - News
The latest iteration of Google's Android mobile operating system has arrived in version 2.3 – codenamed 'Gingerbread' – with support for larger, tablet-sized screens.
It has been a busy morning in Mountain View as Google has announced the official details and specs regarding Android 2.3 (also known as "Gingerbread") as the well as the first phone to ship with the new version of the operating system. The Nexus S wi...
Research in Motion (RIM) has purchased the Astonishing Tribe (TAT), a Swedish company that by its own admission creates "beautiful user interfaces." Working behind the scenes, TAT's technology has provided custom interfaces for phones produced by Sam...
Just when you thought Google had given up and given in to the whims of wireless carriers, the Google Phone is back. The new Google Phone, which is designed by Samsung and dubbed the "Nexus S," resembles Samsung's Galaxy S line of smartphones, but wit...
This morning Google unveiled the Nexus S, the latest in its self-branded line-up of Android phones, and the first device globally to ship with the new 2.3 'Gingerbread' version of its operating system. The caveat? The search giant has no plans so far...
Shipments of smartphones, tablets and other app-enabled devices will overtake PCs shipments in the next 18 months, an event that may signify the end of the PC-centric era, market research firm IDC said.
Samsung Electronics and Google on Monday announced the Nexus S smartphone, which will come with Android 2.3, the latest version of Google's OS, also code-named Gingerbread.
Google's Android continues to grow faster in the U.S. than other top smartphone operating systems, including Research in Motion's BlackBerry OS and Apple's iOS, according to the latest ComScore rankings, which were released Friday.
You back up data on your computer in case it crashes, and you might install LoJack on your car to help recover it in case someone steals it -- so why shouldn't you protect your Android phone? Most people carry a lot of sensitive data on their phones....
Nvidia is looking to pack more CPU cores into mobile devices like smartphones and tablets as a way to improve performance while preserving battery life.
Samsung on Thursday said it has developed a fast version of low-power memory that could help speed up applications in tablets and smartphones.
Whether you work as an in-home massage therapist, operate a taco truck, or run some other small business, you're missing sales if you can't process credit cards. However, a number of mobile payment tools now let you accept credit cards on an iPhone, ...
Research In Motion (RIM) plans to acquire Swedish company The Astonishing Tribe (TAT), which specializes in developing user interfaces, according to a blog posted on Thursday
Nvidia is looking to expand its CUDA parallel-processing architecture to mobile devices in the next few years, the company's CEO said Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 4 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 5 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- OnePlus 5 rumors: Everything we know about the upcoming budget flagship
- Google makes the best Android apps easier to find with Android Excellence
- Motorola's Z2 Play comes with a smaller battery, a higher price tag, and new Moto Mods
- Sony outs launch details for its Xperia XZ Premium flagship and futuristic Touch projector
- Andy Rubin's Essential Phone is finally here and it's weird
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
- Alienware 13 full, in-depth review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCTest Manager - Business IntelligenceNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - Data AnalyticsOther
- TPSenior UX SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior Recruitment Specialist |Other
- FTService Desk Analyst - Level 1 SupportQLD
- TPSenior Server Engineer/System AdministratorWA
- FTIT Support AnalystNSW
- FTOffice & Operations AdministratorNSW
- FTOnsite Helpdesk TechnicianOther
- TPProgram Manager - 10+ month contractQLD
- TPSolution Architect - RISQLD
- FTSoftware EngineerOther
- FTSenior Development Expert – Adelaide Delivery CentreSA
- FTDigital Designer Jnr / MidOther
- CCLead Technical AnalystNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCMultiple Front End Developers - BRISBANE - Angular 2 | Bootstrap | jQueryVIC
- FTBI Tech LeadOther
- FTE Learning Web DesignerWA
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTWintel Engineer - Level 1 and 2 ServerOther
- TPEnterprise Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Policy OfficerOther