The United States Copyright Office ruled that jailbreaking an iPhone is not a copyright violation under the Digital Millenium Copyright Act (DMCA). Be that as it may, there are still some very good reasons not to jailbreak the iPhone.
Smartphones - News
Extending protection against unauthorized use of applications, stewards of the Google-backed Android mobile platform Tuesday unveiled a licensing service for applications in the Android Market.
Does iOS 4 draw more juice than iOS 3? Short answer: yes, says Aaron Vronko, CEO of Rapid Repair, an iPhone and iPod repair shop.
Apple's well-documented control over the iPhone and apps took a major blow this week when the U.S. Library of Congress ruled that people who "jailbreak" phones to add non-Apple approved apps should be exempt from prosecution.
When you work in the publishing business, you're often inundated with media releases. And when you work in tech publishing, they're often about hi-tech gear and gadgets.
Apple's iPhone 4 is just days away from its Australian launch, and the telco price war is heating up. While people in the US got their hands on the iPhone 4 on 24 June, Aussies have been left with hanging until 30 July.
Telstra, Optus and Apple itself this morning released their respective local pricing details for the iPhone 4, with the big T also confirming it would open its stores around Australia at midnight on Thursday night to give full access to customers kee...
The offshore storage of data by Research In Motion for its BlackBerry smartphones conflicts with a 2007 law passed in the United Arab Emirates, the country's telecommunications regulator has said.
Apple lost its bid today to criminalise "jailbreaking," the practice of hacking an iPhone to install unauthorized apps on the smartphone, according to a decision by the U.S. Copyright Office and the Library of Congress.
Apple's latest iPhone, the iPhone 4, has finally hit Aussie shores. While US consumers were able to get their hands on Apple's latest gadget on 24 June, Australians had to wait until 30 July.
Optus this morning confirmed plans to launch Apple's latest iPhone 4 handset at midnight launches around the country on Thursday night
The CTIA, a group representing mobile operators, is trying to block a San Francisco ordinance that would require stores to disclose radiation levels for the phones they sell.
This is getting awkward. Apple on Friday targeted another smartphone on its antenna site, the Droid X.
As promised last week, Apple today rolled out its free case program for iPhone 4 owners who are having reception problems with the popular new smartphone.
Vodafone Hutchison Australia (VHA) today launched of the Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10 Mini Pro Android smartphone. VHA will also offer 1GB of mobile Internet data per month free for the first 12 months to new and existing customers with Android smartphon...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Fake heads and robot probes: testing smartphones prior to launch
- Rumor suggests the Note8 will be a bigger S8+ that adds a missing feature
- Xiaomi's Mi6 has the Galaxy S7’s looks, the S8’s power, and iPhone 7’s camera for half the price
- Samsung DeX turns your Galaxy S8 into a shockingly good desktop PC
- Find My iPhone helps nab a thief at Coachella with 100 phones in his backpack
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTPMO LeadNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerQLD
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTVDI EngineerACT
- FTUI/UX DesignerSA
- FTInformation Security ManagerACT
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsSA
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectQLD
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager Office 365 ImplementationVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst (Mid-level)VIC
- FTService Delivery AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical SpecialistACT
- FTTIBCO DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerQLD
- FTOracle Database Administrator (DBA)SA
- FTAudio Visual / Video Solution Architect | $100 p/hrVIC
- TPMaster Portfolio SchedulerVIC
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsACT
- CCSenior Java Web DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Full-Stack Developer (Digital Transformation Project)QLD
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- FTProject Manager - Knowledge Management implementationVIC
- FTRisk and Quality ManagerNSW