After three years tethered to the ball and chain of Sony's Memory Stick Micro, Sony Ericsson has made the tough but needed decision to break up with the format and embrace the more universal MicroSD.
Smartphones - News
Opera is the world's number one mobile browser, overtaking the Apple iPhone's Safari browser in May 2009 - according to data from StatCounter Global Stats.
Someone at Palm should probably be kicking themselves: The first reviews of its much-hyped Palm Pre aren't bad, but they are not incredibly good, either. This sets a pretty low bar for what coming competitors must achieve to appear more advanced than...
INQ has revealed it plans to launch a mobile phone with a Twitter app aimed at fans of the micro-blogging site.
It's T-minus two days until the Palm Pre will hit the stores in the U.S. (with the adequate shortages) and the highly anticipated device already found its way onto a sleeve of reviewer's hands, including our own Ginny Mies.
More clues have been discovered about the goodies in store for iPhone OS 3.0 and rumored new iPhone devices. In the recently-released iTunes 8.2 software references are made to radio tagging songs for later purchase on the iTunes Store, as well as Ni...
Changing consumer behaviors brought about by the ongoing global economic downturn is stimulating a renewed focus on smartphones, which analysts say would rule the declining handset market.
This truly is turning into the Summer of Smartphones. The Palm Pre, of course, has already debuted to mostly positive reviews, and seemingly endless clues point to a next-gen iPhone launch in the very near future.
Listening to Sun Microsystems heap accolades on its JavaFX multimedia application technology Wednesday evening almost obscured the fact that JavaFX faces quite a battle in the space against the established Adobe Flash and AJAX platforms and Microsoft...
Research in Motion (<a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/financial/rim.html">RIM</a>) has issued a new security patch for <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2009/050409-blackberry-enterprise-server.html">BlackBerry Enterprise Server</a> t...
Early reviewers have dubbed the Palm Pre a strong competitor to the iPhone, with some notable problems, including short battery life and too few applications to run on the device.
Taiwanese consumer electronics maker BenQ plans to launch a smartphone and a netbook running Google's Android operating system next year, a company representative confirmed Thursday.
By using electronic manuals, smaller packaging, recycled plastics and a low-power charger Sony Ericsson aims to make its mobile phones more environmentally friendly, it said on Thursday.
MIPS Technologies showed off devices based on a version of Google's Android platform modified for MIPS chip architecture at the Computex exhibition in Taipei on Wednesday.
The year 2009 is shaping up as the year of the app store, a Sun executive conjectured Wednesday during a panel session at the JavaOne conference.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- OnePlus 5 rumors: Everything we know about the upcoming budget flagship
- Google makes the best Android apps easier to find with Android Excellence
- Motorola's Z2 Play comes with a smaller battery, a higher price tag, and new Moto Mods
- Sony outs launch details for its Xperia XZ Premium flagship and futuristic Touch projector
- Andy Rubin's Essential Phone is finally here and it's weird
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTPayroll Project ManagerOther
- FTSales Client Services Manager (Mid-market)QLD
- FTNetwork Engineer - CISCOACT
- FTInfrastructure EngineerACT
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityNSW
- CCICT System TrainersACT
- FTSenior Contracts Administrator- Construction BackgroundOther
- FTNetwork Security EngineerOther
- FTSupport AnalystOther
- FTPeopleSoft Technical Campus Solution DeveloperOther
- FTSoftware EngineerOther
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTUser Experience Researcher - UX, UI, UCDOther
- FTProject CoordinatorOther
- FTJava DeveloperQLD
- CCSharePoint DeveloperNSW
- FTWintel EngineerSA
- CCJava DeveloperQLD
- FTJava DeveloperWA
- FTIntegration Specialist - TIBCOOther
- CCKnowledge/CSI ManagerACT
- FTSenior Microsoft EngineerVIC
- FTProject Manager or Coordinator - Retail Store ProjectsOther
- FTSenior Agile ConsultantOther
- FTTechnical Lead Front-endNSW