Sweating your iPhone out-of-service is now a slightly less terminal problem, thanks to a new wet iPhone replacement plan introduced by Apple this week. That, my friends, is one odd sentence I never expected to have occasion to write.
Smartphones - News
A new application for phones based on the Android platform automatically adjusts the device's user interface when it's in range of a femtocell, a small base station that can improve wireless coverage and bandwidth.
Research In Motion (RIM) will debut an upgraded BlackBerry Storm in September, SlashGear is reporting. According to "a source very close to the issue," the Storm 2 will support Wi-Fi-a significant omission in the first-generation Storm, which debuted...
It was revealed last Friday that <a href="http://www.gamepro.com/games/xbox360/143401/mass-effect-2/">Mass Effect 2</a>, the sequel to Bioware's highly successful <a href="http://www.gamepro.com/games/xbox360/112284/mass-effect/">Mass Effect</a>, wil...
The latest Apple rumor has Verizon peddling new iPhones, but industry watchers figure it's pure fantasy-at least anytime soon.
Mobile phone shipments in the Philippines fell 20% sequentially in the fourth quarter of 2008 (4Q08) as the economic downturn continued to impact consumer spending adversely, according to IDC's Asia/Pacific Quarterly Mobile Phone Tracker, 4Q 2008.
Research In Motion is injecting the power of its popular BlackBerry push technology into the consumer arena by letting third-party developers write applications that tap into it.
Apple's decency police are at it again, and this time their target is industrial-rock band Nine Inch Nails. An updated version of the new NIN iPhone application -- nin: access -- has been rejected by Apple for "objectionable content." The NIN app v...
A growing number of Chinese iPhone applications let users trawl through maps, look up English words and check stock quotes, even though the smartphone has not been approved for use in China by the country's telecommunications regulatory authority.
Research In Motion (RIM) launched the latest edition of its BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES), version 5.0, the company's core piece of BlackBerry infrastructure for secure, mobile corporate messaging, at its annual Wireless Enterprise Symposium (WE...
Telstra today announced the launch of a new mobile interface, dubbed the TelstraOne Experience, which will be exclusive to a range of Next G mobile phones.
Ever wished you could get "push" Gmail on your BlackBerry smartphone? Or securely -- and wirelessly -- sync your Google contacts and calendar? If so, your wishes may be granted this summer, thanks to a new service from the search giant.
Nokia today unveiled its latest E series smartphone in Australia -- the Nokia E75 -- and also launched a new e-mail service called Nokia Messaging.
Optus today announced new 'yes' and 'yes' Business GSM mobile plans targeted at consumers and small businesses.
Hewlett-Packard and Research In Motion plan to design and sell business software together for RIM's popular BlackBerry smartphones.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- OnePlus 5 rumors: Everything we know about the upcoming budget flagship
- Google makes the best Android apps easier to find with Android Excellence
- Motorola's Z2 Play comes with a smaller battery, a higher price tag, and new Moto Mods
- Sony outs launch details for its Xperia XZ Premium flagship and futuristic Touch projector
- Andy Rubin's Essential Phone is finally here and it's weird
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- FTService Delivery Manager - Telecommunications InfrastructureOther
- FTSupport AnalystOther
- FTSenior Java and AEM DeveloperOther
- FTSEO Specialist/ SEO ConsultantNSW
- FTSmallworld Developer - GIS , Spatial data,Other
- FTSenior Agile ConsultantOther
- CCMaximo DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Support officer- Service Desk AP3 & APS4ACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Microsoft SQL DesignerNSW
- FTSenior Big Data Engineer | Media DataOther
- FT.NET Full Stack DeveloperOther
- FTProject CoordinatorACT
- FTNetwork Consulting ArchitectVIC
- TPETL DeveloperNSW
- FTApplication Support Lead l Experience with health applicationsNSW
- FTWintel Server EngineerOther
- FTERP Business AnalystOther
- CC.Net DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Analyst Programmer - Equities or DerivativesOther
- FTSenior Project AnalystOther
- CCBusiness Analyst (Maximo)NSW
- FTICT Project ManagerQLD