The fight is on for wireless device-to-device networking supremacy between a refreshed incumbent, Bluetooth 4.0, and a newcomer, Wi-Fi Direct. Both specifications are promising to make it easier for you to quickly transfer pictures, files and other ...
Smartphones - News
Microsoft may be looking to add to its existing patent infringement case related to the use of Google's Android mobile phone software by targeting phone makers in Taiwan, according to a Chinese-language news report.
Google's Dalvik virtual machine, which runs Java applications in Android phones, is under fire again, this time in a lawsuit filed by Gemalto.
Apps that range from frightening to frighteningly useless
With upgrades to its Flash Builder, Flex, and AIR application development technologies Monday, Adobe Systems is taking a decidedly mobile bent.
Call 2010 the year of the smartphone and mobile software. Phones like the Motorola Droid X, the HTC Incredible, and the Apple iPhone 4 -- and the many creative apps we liked this year -- made this the largest category of products in the PCWorld 100.
With the growing popularity of Android, IT administrators are facing demands to support smartphones from employees that use the open source mobile operating system. But while security of Google Android is improving, IT pros say it hasn't quite caught...
In the race for worldwide smartphone dominance, Apple has finally passed Research In Motion. During this year's third quarter, 15.4 million iPhones were shipped globally compared to only 12.4 million Blackberries, the researchers at Strategy Analytic...
Microsoft's release of Windows Phone 7 brings updated mobile-formatted Word, Excel, and PowerPoint programs, and OneNote Mobile, to your fingertips. The touchscreen-friendly revamp of Office Mobile is radically different from version 6.5. And files a...
In a bid to set itself apart from the smartphone competition, Lumigon, a small Danish manufacturer that has never launched a product, is aiming to ship this quarter an Android-based phone with amplification technology from Bang & Olufsen and an FM tr...
You're probably used to pressing PrintScreen (Windows) or Command-Shift-3 (Mac OS X) to capture occasional computer screenshots. But the operation is not so easy on an Android phone. What if you want to taunt a friend with proof of an online game vic...
Dell will push Google's Android 2.2 OS to its Streak handheld devices in a matter of "weeks," a company executive said this week.
The iPhone and Google Android devices had a few years to refine their user interface and features, which gave them plenty of time to get ahead of Microsoft's ailing Windows Mobile OS. But in a swift turn of events, Microsoft came up with a totally ne...
Dell is developing a tablet with a 10-inch screen that will be released next year as it tries to expand its presence in the handheld market, the company said Thursday.
Nokia is changing the way it updates smartphones based on the latest version of Symbian. Instead of receiving big upgrades, the products will be upgraded on a more continual, incremental basis, Nokia said on Thursday.
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Google Daydream VR headset
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Surface Pro 4
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung unveils Bixby voice assistant for upcoming Galaxy S8
- BlackBerry readies a more secure version of the Samsung Galaxy S7
- Android device updates: Nougat rollout begins for the Moto Z Play
- ZTE pays US$892M settlement to US over illegal sales to Iran
- Beyond smartphones, Samsung wants its Exynos 9 chip in VR headsets
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTDrupal Developer - SeniorQLD
- FTWorkforce AnalystNSW
- CCSofware Developer/Architect - Media and telco Network Operations - MelbourneVIC
- TPInfrastructure EngineerNSW
- CC.net Developer (Front and Back end)QLD
- FTImplementation LeadVIC
- TPProgram ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Full Stack Web Developer - Port MacquarieNSW
- FTDigital Support ConsultantSA
- FTIT Project Manager. Ciritical permanent roleNSW
- FTLinux / Unix Systems AdministratorSA
- FTBusiness Analyst - SalesforceVIC
- TPSenior Node.JS DeveloperNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- FTIT Security Team LeadNSW
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer -NetApp & TSMNSW
- FTCitrix ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- Data GovernanceNSW
- TPApplication DeveloperACT
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- FTSolution Architect - StorageVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst AgileQLD
- FTSecurity Manager (Adviser)ACT