The Symbian Foundation, which recently lost its respected executive director and the backing of two major phone makers, is getting a much-needed boost through a European Commission-sponsored project.
Smartphones - News
The iPhone leads the pack when it comes to using the Web over mobile devices, according to a new study released today by Informa Telecoms &amp; Media.
According to data released by Google Tuesday, 36 per cent of Android users are running the 2.2 (Froyo) version of the mobile operating system while 41 per cent are running the 2.1 (Éclair) version of the software. Earlier versions of Android, such a...
The shiny new iOS 4.2 Golden Master was seeded to developers yesterday.
Apple has seeded the iOS 4.2 Gold Master to developers, which means the software is ready to hit iPhones and iPads everywhere any time now. iOS 4.2 brings several enhancements to iPad users, but iPhone users will also see some improvements. Apple see...
The Android army may soon claim Research In Motion's BlackBerry as its first victim in the smartphone war.
Lookout Mobile Security will soon start selling a premium version of its smartphone security software that includes new privacy and backup and restore features.
The HTC Desire was launched recently at a late afternoon BBQ event at Star City’s Astral restaurant. In September, Vodafone Hutchinson Australia (VHA), the umbrella company for Vodafone and 3 retail franchises, revealed it had nabbed exclusive rig...
Hewlett-Packard plans to sell the unlocked version of its Palm Pre 2 to small businesses as well as to mobile application developers.
This is the story of a cloud and its silver lining.
Apple's patent lawsuit against Motorola is just another thread in a rather complicated litigation web, but it's also unique for busting out multi-touch, a hallmark feature of modern smartphones.
Popularity of the Google Android mobile operating system is showing no signs of slowing down, with the OS being found in 44 per cent of smartphones purchased during Q3.
Android-powered smartphones outsold iPhones in the U.S. by almost 2-to-1 in the third quarter, a research firm said today.
Owners of Sony Ericsson's Xperia X8 will get an upgrade to Android version 2.1 before the end of the year, a company spokesman said on Monday.
On Sunday, Sony Ericsson finally started rolling out the Android version 2.1 upgrade to its Xperia X10 family, which also includes other improvements.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- OnePlus 5 rumors: Everything we know about the upcoming budget flagship
- Google makes the best Android apps easier to find with Android Excellence
- Motorola's Z2 Play comes with a smaller battery, a higher price tag, and new Moto Mods
- Sony outs launch details for its Xperia XZ Premium flagship and futuristic Touch projector
- Andy Rubin's Essential Phone is finally here and it's weird
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTPenetration TesterOther
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerACT
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerQLD
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst (Maximo)NSW
- FTLevel 2 and 3 Server EngineerOther
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- FTApplication Service AdministratorNSW
- FTSolution Architect (Office 365 Specialist)SA
- FTProject OfficerSA
- FTSecurity Service Desk Operative - TelecommunicationsOther
- FTSoftware EngineerOther
- FTEnterprise Architect - Network and TelecommunicationsOther
- FTFull Stack ASP.NET DeveloperOther
- FTFront End Developer | 6- 12mths ContractOther
- CCJava Developer with Guidewire ExperienceQLD
- FTSales Client Services Manager (Mid-market)QLD
- FTSystems EngineerOther
- FTManager - Program Management Office (PMO)Other
- FT.Net DeveloperOther
- TPTest AnalystSA
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Communications ManagerACT
- TPPMO ManagerQLD