Nokia announced that the highly-anticipated N8 smartphone is now shipping -- although it reportedly won't arrive in the United States for another four weeks. The N8 has some impressive features, but the question is whether or not the smartphone is im...
Smartphones - News
Network management vendor William Data Systems says it has created an iPhone app that lets users manage IBM's z/OS mainframe environment.
Apple's rollout of the iPhone 4 in June temporarily slowed down demand for Google Android smartphones, but a new study shows consumers are again very hungry for Android devices.
Worried your Android apps are spying on you? You should be, according to a recent study that found several popular Android Apps regularly share your location and critical phone data such as your phone number with advertisers and others. Researchers...
Microsoft may be one of the only remaining mobile operating-system providers that charges handset makers a licensing fee, but in exchange vendors get at least one important benefit: protection from intellectual property worries.
Acknowledging Microsoft's current, non-contending status in the smartphone space, a Microsoft official Thursday stressed that the new Windows Phone 7 platform would get the company back into the race.
The first units of Nokia's N8 have left factories in China and Finland, and the smartphone will become broadly available in the coming weeks, the company said on Thursday.
A free Android application to be unveiled on Thursday at the Mobilize conference in San Francisco will let mobile phone users send and receive text messages without touching or looking at the phone.
Facebook has launched its 'Places' feature in the Australian market, delivering location functionality to Australian users in a similar manner as existing players Foursquare and Gowalla.
So far, Nokia's new Symbian phone, the N8, is getting lukewarm reviews, and few are willing to bet on anything except its slow demise. There are reasons, mainly its operating system, that make the phone a very hard sell to Americans consuming both A...
Android’s growing success as a smartphone operating system is bringing a long-simmering problem to light: A lot of Android applications are being pirated. The openness of the platform has made it easy for people to steal applications without paying f...
A recent test of prototype security code for Android phones found that 15 of 30 free Android Market applications sent users' private information to remote advertising servers, without the users being aware of what was being sent or to whom. In some c...
It looks like we'll finally be seeing an official Google Voice App for the iPhone in the App Store. TechCrunch reports that not only should we expect to see the official app in the App Store soon, but that it's already been approved by the higher-ups...
Amazon is said to be readying an Android app store and tablet, a move that should boost Google's mobile platform while also challenging Google's own Android Market.
Mobile application development tools vendor Rhomobile plans to unveil on Wednesday an extension to its software-as-a-service platform that will enable developers to build applications for Apple's iPhone via a Windows PC.
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Surface Pro 4
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 4 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 5 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple wins China patent battle over iPhone 6 design
- Samsung unveils Bixby voice assistant for upcoming Galaxy S8
- BlackBerry readies a more secure version of the Samsung Galaxy S7
- Android device updates: Nougat rollout begins for the Moto Z Play
- ZTE pays US$892M settlement to US over illegal sales to Iran
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior Applications Support AnalystSA
- CCSenior Technology SpecialistVIC
- FTLevel 3 Application Support AnalystVIC
- TPSenior SAP Time and Payroll Functional ConsultantQLD
- CCSolution Designer (Terdata) - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- TPProject Manager | HealthQLD
- FTTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTIT Security Team LeadNSW
- FTSenior .Net Developer (Silverlight)VIC
- CCFinancial/Logistics Administration OfficerACT
- CCCognos Report WriterQLD
- FTWeb DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst AgileQLD
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer -NetApp & TSMNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Customer Communications/DocumentationNSW
- FTSolutions ArchitectSA
- FTSenior Change Readiness ManagerNSW
- TPWintel EngineerVIC
- TPJunior Business AnalystQLD
- FTDigital Business Analyst X 2 vacancies- Digital TransformationNSW
- CCTest Manager with PV Security ClearanceACT
- TPTechnical WriterVIC