iPhone hackers have some new tools now, thanks to HD Moore, one of the developers of the Metasploit hacking software.
Smartphones - News
The Java platform may run on 2 billion handheld phones, but not on Apple's trendy new iPhone. Apple's stance was called a mistake by a Sun Microsystems executive Wednesday at the AJAXWorld conference in Santa Clara.
A start-up company is launching a new service called The Pudding that will offer free international phone calls to people willing to have targeted advertisements embedded in them.
Programmers who wrote free software that unlocks Apple's iPhone have disputed the company's claim that their hacks can damage the device and promised to battle any attempt by Apple to "brick" modified phones.
Less than a week after CEO Steve Jobs said that Apple would fight hacks that unlocked the iPhone, the company said any modification, unlocks included, voids the phone's warranty.
Motorola said it will demonstrate a desktop WiMax device focused on consumers and small office users at WiMax World in Chicago this week . The device will be sold to various carriers the Northern autumn for eventual resale.
The groundwork is being laid for a risky experiment in consumer electronics as manufacturers prepare for US carriers Sprint Nextel and Clearwire's Xohm WiMax services.
Vodafone has launched its own GPS service - Vodafone Compass - and marked it by offering 12 months free GPS mapping for customers who sign up before December 1.
Soon you may be able to pay for your shopping with your mobile phone, thanks to some new technology being trialed in a joint venture from Telstra, NAB and Visa.
See LG's latest fashion phone, the KE850. Not to be outdone by Apple's iPhone, this is a full touch screen interface phone developed with the help of Italian fashion giant Prada.
Despite signs that mobile Linux is gaining momentum -- such as the launch of Motorola's Linux-based Razr2 -- and heated competition, confusion about goals and slow-moving consortiums may be hindering growth.
Apple will partner with U.K. mobile carrier O2 when it rolls out the iPhone in Great Britain on Nov. 9, the company said on Tuesday. Contrary to speculation, however, the smart phone will not use the faster 3G data network common in Europe.
Nokia released on Tuesday the newest addition to its E-series lineup of mobile phones for businesses, revamping the user interface for easier navigation, executives said during a London product launch.
Nokia intends to boost its mobile ad business through the acquisition of Enpocket, which provides mobile phone marketing technology and services to advertisers, Web publishers and carriers.
Sprint Nextel Corp. will deliver four new wireless handhelds by year's end, including the HTC Touch, already available in the U.K. with touch-screen capabilities similar to Apple Inc.'s iPhone.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 2 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 3 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 4 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
- 5 LG V30+ Review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- MWC 2018: Intel and Huawei to showcase 5GNR public interoperability demonstration
- MWC 2018: Intel confirms OEM collaboration on 5G PCs
- Huawei Unveils First Car To Be Driven By AI-Powered Smartphone
- OPPO Launches Free Screen Repairs for Latest Devices
- Samsung Partners With Commonwealth Bank
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Sony a7R Mk III review: The strongest case yet for ditching your DSLR
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Oppo R11s: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTBusiness ConsultantOther
- FTSenior Project AnalystOther
- CCTraining Coordinator - Federal GovernmentACT
- FTSecurity & IAM Technical SpecialistACT
- FTCloud Architect / Senior Engineer - AWS, Azure, ADOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst - WealthOther
- FTProject ManagerOther
- FTData EngineerOther
- TPBusiness & Change AnalystQLD
- CCProject Manager - Security/Cyber SecurityACT
- CC.Net Developer - wealth platformVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager - Financial MarketsVIC
- TPSystems Administrator (ServiceNow)QLD
- FTSystems Engineer (UC)QLD
- FTCloud Platform ArchitectOther
- TPSoftware Asset Management Program ManagerNSW
- FTReporting AnalystQLD
- FTDigital Product OwnerOther
- FTJunior Project Managers - x2Other
- CCIteration Manager/Scrum MasterWA
- FTSalesforce ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst (Junior - Mid Level)NSW
- CCDigital DesignerNSW
- FTProgram CoordinatorOther
- TPProject Manager - Governance and L&DQLD