Here are the top productivity tools, utilities, and games for smartphones based on Google's Android OS.
Smartphones - News
Telstra and Microsoft gave journalists tantalising glimpses this week of how and when the software giant's upcoming range of Windows Phone 7 handsets might launch in Australia -- but without adding any real substantive meat to their local launch plan...
Microsoft is preparing for the launch of its new Windows Phone 7 mobile operating system and Marketplace app store by releasing the final version of the Windows Phone Developer Tools on 17 September.
Nokia's Symbian-based 5250 phone is its cheapest touchscreen smartphone yet at €115 (US$145) -- but to get the price that low, Nokia has had to ditch some of the features of its predecessor.
Microsoft says that it has more than 300,000 downloads of beta tools for developers creating applications for its Windows Phone 7 app store, which is set to compete with the app-laden marketplaces for the iPhone and Android phones.
Remember when Princess Leia's holographic distress call blew you away? Nokia and Intel announced that they'll try to put similar 3D technology on mobile phones.
Just days after making its updated version of App World available to all, Research In Motion acquired Cellmania, a company that offers back-end infrastructure for application stores.
Huawei Technologies plans to launch the U8150, which is based on Android version 2.2, at the Internationale Funkaustellung (IFA) consumer electronics show, the company said via e-mail.
Dell on Tuesday dived into the highly competitive smartphone market, releasing the Aero in the U.S.
A proposal by the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) to require all mobile devices sold in the U.S. to include FM radio chips is meeting growing opposition from IT and mobile trade groups.
The Windows Phone Developer Tools have been downloaded more than 300,000 times, Microsoft said, as the company prepares to offer a new application store and mobile operating system.
As smartphones and tablet computers infiltrate medical operations, doctors are finding new applications to provide shortcuts for their busy work days. That includes a new voice-enabled medical search app for the iPhone announced by Nuance Communicati...
Nokia has signed an agreement to acquire Motally, a privately owned U.S. company that has specialized in tracking and reporting usage statistics on mobile websites and applications, it said on Friday.
Smartphones and modems are about to get faster mobile broadband connections -- 14.4M bps (bits per second) and 42M bps, repectively -- using HSPA+ (High Speed Packet Access).
Sure, if someone steals your iPhone, you might be able to remotely wipe it in order to protect sensitive data. But what about catching the thief? An Apple patent application, filed earlier this year but posted online Thursday, describes sophisticated...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Belkin Introduces USB-C 3.1 Express Dock HD
- Porsche Design Huawei Mate 10 Will Come To Australia
- Boost Mobile Doubles Data Offering With New Summer Plans
- BlackBerry KEYone Black Launches in Australia
- HTC U11 Plus latest rumours: Release date, price and specs
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Dell Inspiron 5675 Gaming Desktop review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- TPICT Strategic Sourcing SpecialistQLD
- CCLean Six Sigma Process Improvement Specialist - MELBOURNEQLD
- FTService Desk Analyst - L1Other
- CCMobile Applications Developer (Brisbane)ACT
- CCDevelopers ? Multiple opportunitiesQLD
- FTSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FTCommunications ManagerOther
- FTTableau DeveloperOther
- FTProblem Engineer - J2EE - TelcoVIC
- CCSAP EAM Functional AnalystQLD
- FTClient Delivery DirectorACT
- CCManager-Process Tranformation (Black Belt)NSW
- FTSAP PSCD Analyst and PSCD FunctionalistOther
- CCSenior Technical Business AnalystNSW
- CCSystems EngineerWA
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCIT Specialist - System ServicesNSW
- FT.Net Developer- Active Baseline Clearance RequiredOther
- FTSenior Change ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Marketing Executive - PersonalisationOther
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics AX ? Technical ArchitectQLD
- TPBusiness Continuity Senior Associate/ IT AuditNSW
- CCIntegration AnalystVIC
- FTJava DeveloperOther