Just two years ago, the mobile phone market was pretty ho-hum. You had your candy bar phones and your flip phones. There were BlackBerry devices and Windows Mobile phones. Those phones had calendars and contact lists, and a few other apps that were t...
Smartphones - News
Microsoft's first-ever iPhone application is a slick photo viewer with a browsing capability that handles a large number of photos on a mobile device screen.
Everypoint is launching a mobile application platform Monday called Nemo, which is intended to give Java-based phones iPhone-like visual capabilities.
There is still a little time left, but it doesn't look like Apple iPhone users will see Adobe Systems and Sun Microsystems get Flash and Java up and running on Apple's handheld device by Christmas.
Although the BlackBerry Storm needed a firmware upgrade just two weeks after going on sale, business users are still expected to warm up to the touch-screen handheld.
Citrix plans to deliver desktop virtualization to the iPhone and other mobile devices next year, a company official said Wednesday.
They're back: rumours of an impending Zune phone announcement from Microsoft, this time probably at CES.
Sony Ericsson has joined the Open Handset Alliance, the group of companies, including handset manufacturers and carriers, committed to the Android open mobile platform.
Aussie classifieds icon the Trading Post has announced its entrance into the mobile market with Trading Post Mobile.
Just in time for the end-of-year shopping season, Google is offering an unlocked Android phone, targeted at developers but available to anyone. While the phone might be attractive to consumers and developers alike in the U.S., its price in other coun...
Mobile broadband will move closer to competing with ADSL (Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line) on more equal terms when latency improves and data speeds increase to a theoretical 21M bps (bits per second), according to Peder Ramel, CEO of mobile opera...
New software has been released that turns GPS enabled GSM mobile phones into sophisticated personal tracking devices.
Vodafone Australia today announced that prepaid customers can recharge their credit using PayPal.
Verizon Wireless has released a firmware update for its Research in Motion BlackBerry Storm device. The 220.127.116.11 update is now available via the phone's Desktop Software Manager -- accessible by connecting your phone to your PC and running BlackBerry...
The struggling global economy has taken a toll on worldwide smart phone sales in the third quarter, with sales growth the weakest in four years, according to new data from <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/action/inform.do?command=search&sear...
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Google Daydream VR headset
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Surface Pro 4
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 4 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 5 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- HTC is reportedly releasing a new U phone that makes better use of its bezels
- Apple wins China patent battle over iPhone 6 design
- Samsung unveils Bixby voice assistant for upcoming Galaxy S8
- BlackBerry readies a more secure version of the Samsung Galaxy S7
- Android device updates: Nougat rollout begins for the Moto Z Play
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCWeb Devops EngineerNSW
- FTField Hardware Deployment EngineerNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTMicrosoft Designer / ArchitectVIC
- CCChange AnalystQLD
- CCSenior BANSW
- CCProject AdministratorNSW
- FTSecurity Lead / ConsultantNSW
- FTContracts ManagerNSW
- TPSenior .NET Developer - Contract roleWA
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTDevops / Technical Support AnalystVIC
- CCProject MangerWA
- FTArcFM/Gis Lead DeveloperNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTAgile Test AnalystQLD
- FTData Centre Technical SpecialistACT
- TPSQL Server Developer | 3 month contract |NSW
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- FTDirector, Centre for Cyber Security SolutionsVIC
- CCWintel Engineers - NV1ACT
- FTTest AdvertSA
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectNSW