We’ve reviewed so many Android phones in recent months and there’s been very little difference between most of them
Smartphones - Reviews
We’ve been flooded with new phones over recent months and the differences have all been relatively minor.
It was only relatively recently that we saw HTC launch its flagship HTC U Ultra and lesser HTC U Play flagship phones.
We loved Huawei’s P9 ‘Leica phone’ last year. It redefined what photography with a phone could be. Now here’s its successor, the P10.
Huawei’s P9 ‘Leica’ camera impressed the pants off us last year and redefined what we could expect from a phone’s camera.
We’ve been spoiled for choice with budget phones lately. In just the last week we’ve reviewed the Moto G5 Plus which we declared to be the best value phone we’ve tested in ages.
Last year Moto’s G4 Plus and Oppo’s F1s battled it out for the best value phone crown. Both were great-value phones but they had their weaknesses.
2017 Has seen some impressive phone launches at the high end. However, the most revolutionary stuff might be appearing at the lower end. The gap between expensive phones and cheap phones has started narrowing at a dramatic pace.
Oppo makes phones that are both great value and great on their own. Recently we've been impressed with the very pretty Oppo R9s and the larger, does-it-all Oppo R9s Plus. The latter competes with the best, flagship phones on the market but costs...
We reviewed HTC’s U Ultra flagship phone a few months ago and found it to be a frustrating device. It looked stunning, it had some nifty features, but it was oversized and made a poor use of space. Now here’s the slightly-lesser HTC U Play. It’s smal...
These phones aim to be the very best on the market and in recent years, they’ve arguably succeeded. But Samsung has always had a habit of hyping them through the roof and sending them to market laden with gimmicky features that can range from I-can’t...
The hype around Samsung's Galaxy S8 has been off the charts - something that normally makes us wary. However, having spent some time with the device today our hopes are heightened.
Last year, Motorola’s G4 lineup didn’t live up to its predecessors. This year, Moto gets back on track.
LG’s G series has been getting better and better over the years. The modular G5 was an interesting phone that turned out to be great value once the price dropped (plummeted).
We’ve seen flagship phones from almost everyone launch in the past several weeks. But while we’re waiting Samsung’s flagship Galaxy S8 phone to appear, we’ve been given the latest iteration of the mid-range (and much more affordable) Samsung Galaxy A...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- OnePlus 5 rumors: Everything we know about the upcoming budget flagship
- Google makes the best Android apps easier to find with Android Excellence
- Motorola's Z2 Play comes with a smaller battery, a higher price tag, and new Moto Mods
- Sony outs launch details for its Xperia XZ Premium flagship and futuristic Touch projector
- Andy Rubin's Essential Phone is finally here and it's weird
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Software Engineer - Positive Vetting, NV2 or NV1 required!!!!SA
- FTMobile App DeveloperOther
- TPProject Coordinator / Junior Project ManagerQLD
- CCInfrastructure Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - SMEOther
- CCMultiple Front End Developers - BRISBANE | React.js | Angular.js | Node.js |NSW
- FTProgram CoordinatorOther
- FTProject Engineer (Rail/Control Signals) - 168342/ 168335 AROther
- FTFinancial AnalystOther
- CCTest LeadWA
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCMaximo DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst, SuperannuationNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerQLD
- CCPerformance TesterNSW
- FTFull Stack .Net DeveloperWA
- TPSenior Project ManagerQLD
- CCSystems TesterNSW
- CCSenior Internal Security Consultant - TelcoVIC
- FTBI Tech LeadOther
- FTPractice Director Project Management – Adelaide Delivery CentreSA
- FTL1 Service Desk SupportWA
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTFront End Developer | 6- 12mths ContractOther
- FTRadio Communication TechnicianOther