The R9s Plus is the oversized, supercharged version of the supercharged version. And it looks like many of the foibles have gone.
Smartphones - Reviews
Many people here haven't heard of Oppo but the company is HUGE in China and it makes some seriously good phones.
Phone aficionados have a soft spot for HTC. The company’s hardware almost always seems to be very well made and only occasionally tainted by dodgy software or pricing. Here’s the new HTC U Ultra. It’s a bit of a tongue twister to say out loud, but ...
HTC has finally released its HTC U Ultra, is it as good as we hoped?
Here’s a phone we’ve looked forward to reviewing. The Mate 7 was our phone of 2014 and the Mate 8 was in our Top 5 best phones of 2016. We’ve reviewed many middling phones of late so we’ve been hoping that Huawei’s new flagship would impress us. It d...
ZTE has perhaps been best known for manufacturing other people’s phones – Telstra has used them to make it’s own phones in the past. But with the Axon 7, we’re seeing the company launch it’s own flagship onto these shores under its own banner.
We’ve been seriously impressed with Oppo phones in the past. The Oppo F1s was one of the best value phones of last year. Now the R9S hits the market with a spec sheet that rivals a Samsung Galaxy S7 – but it’s much thinner and looks great, so should ...
While budget-conscious phones are getting better, the ZMax Pro feels stuck in the past.
The Le Pro3 looks and feels like a winner, and then you begin using it and everything starts to fall apart.
Huawei has launched a new, second-tier Android phone called the Nova Plus. But while it’s some distance off the current top-tier of Android phones in terms of price, the specs are less far behind. It appears at a time where the flagship, Huawei Mate ...
It's $100 less than the Axon 7, but you’re giving up a lot more than screen size with the smaller device.
LeEco's Le Pro3 Android smartphone has high-end hardware and a low price -- sounds like a great deal, right? But it may not be a deal you’ll want to make.
It's not the best phone for photos or video, but the V20 is still a great all-around phone for Android fans who want a kitchen sink full of features.
Besides the usual high-end components, LG’s new V20 offers great audio, lots of photo options, a second screen, a replaceable battery and Android Nougat.
So Apple finally deigned to provide us with an iPhone 7 Plus review unit. The phone itself (plus the first reviews) came out six weeks ago so the interest in what we have to say will have waned somewhat by now. In fact, who’s even going to bother re...
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Smart LED Bulb LB130
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Acer Swift 7
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Surface Pro 4
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung unveils Bixby voice assistant for upcoming Galaxy S8
- BlackBerry readies a more secure version of the Samsung Galaxy S7
- Android device updates: Nougat rollout begins for the Moto Z Play
- ZTE pays US$892M settlement to US over illegal sales to Iran
- Google Assistant learns how to read texts as its prime-time rollout continues
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTICT Change AnalystSA
- FTApplication Team Lead - ERP & Microsoft TechnologiesNSW
- FTTechnical Writer - Reports EditorQLD
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer (cisco)NSW
- FTSeeking all Java Developers!ACT
- CCOracle Middleware Production SupportACT
- FTHelpdesk TechnicianVIC
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW
- FTGraduate Application Support Analyst -SMSF SoftwareNSW
- TPSenior SAP Time and Payroll Functional ConsultantQLD
- FTSenior IOS DeveloperNSW
- FTMid Level PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- FTWeb Developer/ReportsNSW
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectWA
- CC.net Developer (Front and Back end)QLD
- CCOrganisational Change Analyst - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- FTSAP Data Migration SpecialistACT
- FTSeeking all Java Developers!WA
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- TPSAP BA - Source to PayQLD
- CCQuote WriterVIC
- CCFirewall EngineerNSW