A smaller, cheaper version of the first Nokia touch-screen mobile phone, the 5800 XpressMusic, Nokia's 5530 XpressMusic lacks 3G connectivity and GPS. A more compact design and a competitive price tag are the main differences with its bigger brother....
Smartphones - Reviews
I was not a happy camper when I wore Samsung's SBH700 headphones. Despite extensive fiddling, I couldn't arrive at a comfortable fit. For starters, the earbuds were too big--the package lacks alternative bud sizes--and the squarish hooks did not sit ...
The first Samsung mobile phone to run Google's Android operating system, the Galaxy Icon smartphone is a strong competitor to the HTC Magic and possesses a brilliant AMOLED display. Although the Galaxy Icon is fast and functional, it's disappointing ...
In a day and age where feature-packed, touch-screen smartphones dominate the upper tier of the mobile phone world, you can't help but feel Nokia's N86 8MP looks a little out of place. Though it offers a reliable interface, a decent features list and ...
Facebook updated its popular iPhone app, delivering lots of improved features for the official iPhone Facebook 3.0 revision. But sadly, Facebook fails to deliver everything a mobile Facebook warrior could want.
Nokia's E Series devices are predominantly targeted at business users, but the E52's subtle design will appeal to regular consumers as well. It doesn’t have a full QWERTY keyboard, but the Nokia E52 boasts outstanding battery life, a razor-thin desig...
If, like plenty of others, you are frustrated with your iPhone's battery life, help is at hand. Like the Mophie Juice Pack Air, the Aigo aiPower N2615 combines a rechargeable battery and iPhone case, giving more juice to your Apple iPhone 3G or 3GS. ...
At first glance it looks like one of the largest smartphones we've ever reviewed, but although Samsung's HD Icon is tall it’s not especially chunky. Sporting a large 3.7in AMOLED display, the aptly named HD Icon is the first mobile phone in the world...
Looking almost identical to a standalone digital camera from the back, the C903 is Sony Ericsson's latest Cyber-shot mobile phone. This camera phone takes reasonable photos, but its build quality is questionable and there really is little else to get...
The entry-level mobile phone in Samsung's Icon range, the Preston Icon is an affordable handset that boasts a responsive touch screen and a zippy and user-friendly interface thanks to TouchWIZ UI.
A mid-range mobile phone (otherwise known as a "dumbphone"), Nokia's 6700 classic won't appeal to social-networking buffs, business users or those who are interested in the latest and greatest touch-screen smartphones. A basic handset that’s well des...
Following the release of the first turn-by-turn GPS navigation app for the iPhone -- Sygic Mobile Maps 2009 -- German GPS manufacturer Navigon has launched its MobileNavigator app in Australia.
When it comes to the comfort of stereo Bluetooth headsets, I'd choose an earpad design (that is, an earmuff style) over earbuds any day, thank you. And if you have the same preference, look long and hard at the Motorola MotoRokr S305. This set of hea...
The main attraction of the Sony Ericsson HBH-IS800 headphones is their teensy size.
LG's GM730f smartphone is exclusive to Telstra, which is also the first telco in the world to offer it. It's a Windows Mobile handset overlaid with a version of LG's S-Class interface. It runs the 6.1 version of Windows Mobile, but will be upgradeabl...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google wants to solve the Android update problem once and for all with Project Treble
- Intel concerned about name of John McAfee’s privacy phone
- Low-cost Android phones to get iPhone features with new Qualcomm chips
- Qualcomm's Quick Charge 4 is coming in phones midyear
- Apple's next iPhones may cut corners on memory due to price squeeze
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Asus launches laptops to start Computex 2017
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSolution Architect - DatacentreVIC
- CCAppian Developer x 2VIC
- CCTransport EngineerVIC
- CCTesting Manager - Energy sectorVIC
- FTBusiness Improvement ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Process ModellerNSW
- FTInfrastructure EngineerACT
- FTPrincipal Consultant / Account Delivery Executive.Other
- TPData AnalystVIC
- CCSAP HCM Support & Configuration ConsultantQLD
- FTField Engineer - Hardware DeploymentsNSW
- FTTest AnalystOther
- TPBI DeveloperNSW
- FTService Centre Assistant - Helpdesk (Level 1 Support)Other
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- TPNode.js DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Systems AdministratorOther
- FTApplication Support EngineerACT
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTGraphics Designer / UI DesignerOther
- FTProgramme ManagerACT
- CCWintel Server EngineerNSW
- TPSenior Consultant - ServiceNowNSW
- CCBusiness Change ManagerNSW