We’re reviewing these two phones together due to the physical similarities and price points. Both have very smart, well-built, metallic chassis which belie their mid-range price point. However, the R9 is OPPO’s flagship phone while the X9 costs almos...
Smartphones - Reviews
We’ve been using the Xperia X Performance for a while now and wondering where it sat in the new Sony smartphone range. It’s smaller and less interesting than the Xperia Z5 and it isn’t waterproof either (splash proof only). It looks like a mid-range ...
Dog and Bone versus Olloclip. Which should you buy
Which case is best for your S7?
Selling a new phone by focusing on the camera is not a new thing and we’ve been impressed in the past: Nokia’s Lumia’s did some great things (which masked Windows Phone’s deficiencies) while Apple’s 6S Plus also did some great things with Dynamic Ran...
How do you pull a charging cable out of your mobile device? Do you yank the cable from half way down or carefully pull from the connector at the end?
The Huawei Mate 7 was arguably the best phone of 2014 – it offered more features and, in some instances, better performance than every other flagship phone on the market and did so costing hundreds of dollars less. It also came to Australian shores ...
Giphy wants to be the one-stop-shop for all your GIF-sharing needs. But how does the new Giphy Keys compare to other GIF-focused iOS keyboards?
You can get a decent Android phone like the Oppo F1 for $300 these days. If you want something more premium, the Samsung Galaxy S7 can be had for under $700 while the Nexus 6P, with its huge AMOLED display and full metal body can be had for nearer $6...
With an improved battery swapping system, the LG G5 isn't a bad phone, per se. But various other features probably looked better in the R&D lab than they do in real life.
Despite being available around the world for many weeks already, LG's G5 has finally been announced in Australia. This is actually an improvement as some of its predecessors arrived so late as to be End of Life (globally) when they got here. But is i...
If you exist in an environment that contains dust, water or a higher-than-usual chance of impact damage then you’ll either need a special rugged phone or a rugged case to put your phone in.
Samsung is looking to the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge to reinvigorate its sales in 2016. But how good are they?
Selfie sticks undoubtedly get you a great selfie angle. But which stick is for you?
A single hand holds 8.3 million pixels. This is what makes the Xperia Z5 Premium, the recent flagship from Sony, one of a kind.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- OnePlus 5 rumors: Everything we know about the upcoming budget flagship
- Google makes the best Android apps easier to find with Android Excellence
- Motorola's Z2 Play comes with a smaller battery, a higher price tag, and new Moto Mods
- Sony outs launch details for its Xperia XZ Premium flagship and futuristic Touch projector
- Andy Rubin's Essential Phone is finally here and it's weird
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSolution Architect - DatacentreVIC
- FTTest AnalystSA
- FTService Desk AnalystACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTOffice & Operations AdministratorNSW
- FTSolutions ArchitectWA
- TPPrincipal Project Manager|HRIS ProgramQLD
- FTeCommerce Project ManagerOther
- FTSenior Developer / Architect - PermanentWA
- FTTeam Leader/Assistant Director Information Technology Infrastructure Services (ITIS)ACT
- TPSenior UX SpecialistVIC
- FTWintel Server EngineerOther
- TPSenior Project Manager - System ImplementationQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst, BankingOther
- FTx2 Senior Test Analyst/Lead - DWH - Informatica ETLOther
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperOther
- FTBusiness Systems Analyst (Cognos/TM1)Other
- FTPlatform/Technology Manager | Security & GovernanceOther
- FTChange ManagerOther
- FTDigital Records ManagerACT
- FTFull Stack .Net DeveloperWA
- TPProcurement Specialist - ITQLD
- FTPractice Director Project Management – Adelaide Delivery CentreSA
- TPProject OfficerQLD
- FTSenior Node.js DeveloperNSW