Researchers in Taiwan have obtained patents for a method of making diamond film to resist scratches and fingerprint smudges on the touchscreens of handheld devices such as smartphones, a university official in charge said.
Monitors - News
Touch-screen panels have been around for more than a decade, but it was the 2007 introduction of a multitouch screen in Apple's iPhone that galvanized the market. Now the business is going gangbusters -- as are the innovations that touch-screen manuf...
A government-funded research institute in Taiwan have kicked off a three-year effort to develop cheaper, longer-lasting LED backlights in mobile phones, notebook PCs and television sets, a project manager said on Friday.
Taiwan's AU Optronics, one of the biggest LCD screen makers in the world, said Thursday it filed two separate lawsuits in the U.S. against Sharp, alleging the infringement of nine LCD screen-related patents in all.
Sony will soon begin selling a professional monitor that contains the largest commercial organic light-emitting diode (OLED) screen yet produced.
If there is something a university student can tell you, it's that there is nothing duller than a lecture theatre. However, the University of Groningen in the Netherlands has developed a very interactive way of engaging students in math or computer s...
World trade authorities have ordered the European Union to scrap tariffs on three types of consumer electronics from Taiwan, Japan and the United States no later than June, ending a 3-year-old trade dispute.
An Intel executive on Friday said that its Light Peak interconnect technology, designed to link PCs to devices like displays and external storage, is ready for implementation.
Possibly leapfrogging today's touch-screen technologies, Microsoft has figured out a way to make the computer displays themselves change in shape under a person's touch.
Samsung Electronics has developed see-through flat-panel screens intended to be used as high-tech windows. They could overlay news or the time on office windows, or flash special offers on store windows while still allowing shoppers to see inside.
A grand jury in San Francisco has indicted three former executives from two manufacturers of color display tubes (CDTs) for charges related to an alleged global conspiracy to fix prices of the tubes used in computer monitors and other products.
With an eye to letting people link more devices and displays without using cables, the Wireless Gigabit Alliance plans to bring DisplayPort technology into its specification.
From blinking lights and punch cards to LCDs and 3D flat panels, we trace the 70-year history of the tech that users rely on to see what a computer is doing.
A long-running price-fixing probe into the LCD panel business has netted its ninth indictment against a Taiwanese executive, the U.S. Department of Justice said Thursday.
Display technology manufacturer AOC has released what it believes is the world's thinnest LCD monitor, named 'Razor'.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google WiFi review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Sony Xperia XZ Premium phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AbleGamers' Player Panels could make future games more disability-friendly
- G-Sync HDR displays go ultrawide and ultra-fast with the 200Hz Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ
- Dell's luscious new 4K monitor is bold, bright, and HDR-infused
- Samsung's 49-inch mega-wide display may displace multi-monitor setups
- More high-end GPUs are now compatible with Dell's 8K monitor
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- Google WiFi review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTContract Specialist (Newcastle)Other
- FTWeb DeveloperOther
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCProject AdministratorNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer - TelecommunicationsOther
- TPTraining Materials Developer / TrainerVIC
- CCIteration ManagerVIC
- FTBusiness Project Manager- NSW GovernmentOther
- FTProject OfficerOther
- CCJunior Business AnalystWA
- CCEnterprise Architect - Mining OperationsQLD
- FTSystems EngineerOther
- FTData EngineerOther
- CCNetwork Engineer/DesignerVIC
- FTRiggers - Telecommunications ProjectsNSW
- FTSolution Architect (Office 365 Specialist) - Adelaide BasedSA
- FTTalend DI DeveloperOther
- TP.Net DeveloperSA
- FTICT Procurement and Contracting SpecialistOther
- CCBusiness Analyst - SalesforceVIC
- FTProject CoordinatorSA
- FTCommunications & Change AnalystOther
- FTService Desk EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Technical writerNSW